BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#2019093 - 06/08/15 07:02 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
I live in Racine, akhcompliance. You've received a lot of good suggestions from the others in here and most of the places mentioned are within reasonable driving distance.

If you do decide to plan a day at Racine's North Beach, they have an oasis that has entertainment, refreshments, a play area and near walking distance to downtown and the (modest) zoo.

If you would like to PM me, I can provide other information.

Happy planning! smile

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2019102 - 06/08/15 07:17 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway Peepers
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By Peepers
Originally Posted By DeeQ
But, they did have cows at rush hour. grin

you would be surprised when and where you see them

I prefer them Spotted.

Return to Top
#2019103 - 06/08/15 07:18 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
on the grill, medium and not burnt

CAMS

Return to Top
#2019104 - 06/08/15 07:23 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Do they give chocolate milk?

Return to Top
#2019194 - 06/09/15 02:03 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think we are going to stay in Pewaukee at the water park hotel. We will see the cozy town and then travel to Milwaukee for the zoo and children s museum. For our last day we will travel to Racine and go to North Beach and stay in Racine that night and then head back home to Iowa.

We are looking forward to experiencing the North. We normally head South so this will be a change for us!

Return to Top
#2019202 - 06/09/15 02:39 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
If your travel to Pewaukee takes you past Janesville WI, I-90, they have a giant cow setup right off the highway with a giant pale and such so people can take photos of themselves milking a giant cow. (I would guess it is close to 18 or 20 ft tall)
Judging by how many people I see with there kids around that thing when I have driven by it seems to be a draw.

Return to Top
#2019203 - 06/09/15 02:42 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
There's a Jelly Belly factory not far from Racine that gives free tours. I haven't done it, but the kids might enjoy the tour.

Return to Top
#2019211 - 06/09/15 02:51 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway hmdagal
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
Originally Posted By hmdagal
There's a Jelly Belly factory not far from Racine that gives free tours. I haven't done it, but the kids might enjoy the tour.

The Jelly Belly factory building is for sale and they will eventually be moving their operations to Tennessee. As of now, they are still running tours and other activities. Just a heads-up, in case the building is sold before your trip.

Return to Top
#2019212 - 06/09/15 02:52 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By ahkcompliance
We are looking forward to experiencing the North. We normally head South so this will be a change for us!

Real northern Wisco is vastly differently than where you'll be! Whent he spawn is a little older, that would be another fun summer destination.

Return to Top
#2019216 - 06/09/15 02:59 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think we are going to stay in Pewaukee at the water park hotel. We will see the cozy town and then travel to Milwaukee for the zoo and children s museum. For our last day we will travel to Racine and go to North Beach and stay in Racine that night and then head back home to Iowa.

Solid plan. Also, Peawaukee has a nice swimmable beach too (pending summertime conditions), that is nice as well.

Return to Top
#2019236 - 06/09/15 03:39 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
Peepers Offline
10K Club

I take Pay Pal for reimbursement for my vacation planning services.....

Return to Top
#2019257 - 06/09/15 04:14 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Oh, and make sure you watch for crazy new bikers riding their new tricked out Harley's as their latest blinged-out parts may not be tightened down to the proper factory torque specifications. wink

Return to Top
#2019272 - 06/09/15 05:02 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway Wolfy
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By Wolfy
If your travel to Pewaukee takes you past Janesville WI, I-90, they have a giant cow setup right off the highway with a giant pale....

How much does he make?

Return to Top
#2019293 - 06/09/15 05:51 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway Peepers
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By Peepers

I take Pay Pal for reimbursement for my vacation planning services.....

How about I buy you a beer?

Return to Top
#2019336 - 06/09/15 07:23 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
Jafo Offline
Gold Star
Jafo
State of Confusion
Do be cautious of the construction when you come to the zoo. It's quite messy at the zoo interchange. If you like brewery tours go to Lakefront Brewery

Return to Top
#2019404 - 06/09/15 09:51 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
This is America Pale, people take the money out of the poor cows pale rather than add to it. ^_-

Return to Top
#2019455 - 06/10/15 01:28 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway Jafo
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By Jafo
Do be cautious of the construction when you come to the zoo. It's quite messy at the zoo interchange. If you like brewery tours go to Lakefront Brewery

Probably no brewery tour with a 23 month old. We will have to save that for when it is just me and the Mrs.

Return to Top
#2019456 - 06/10/15 01:29 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

Probably no brewery tour with a 23 month old. We will have to save that for when it is just me and the Mrs.

At 24 months my daughter and I was throw out of her first Vegas Bar laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2019462 - 06/10/15 01:36 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway edAudit
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Originally Posted By edAudit

At 24 months my daughter and I was throw out of her first Vegas Bar laugh

This belongs in the Brag on Your Kids thread.

Return to Top
#2019469 - 06/10/15 01:48 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
No, this will be brought up when I think she is old enough to sneak into one as she has already been thrown out there is no need to try again.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2019628 - 06/10/15 07:46 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I was on a brewery tour in Chippewa Falls Wi with my hubby, and I was SHOCKED at how many people had their kids with them. FLOORED. But, as we went through the tour, it was much more educational that I thought it would be and the kids that were in our group were very engaged and very well behaved. Another shock.

Racine certainly doesn't have multiple days worth of stuff to do. I know someone mentioned the Dells, there are some really fun things there for small children like the Duck Tours and the waterparks are all very child friendly. The Zoo in Minneapolis is absolutely wonderful for kids too.

Return to Top
#2019974 - 06/11/15 08:06 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
When I was a kid, any time family or friends came to visit, we always had to take them on a brewery tour. At one time, there three different ones in town and sometimes we would go on all three tours in one day. They always had soda or something for the kids to drink while the parents tasted what was on tap.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2030904 - 07/30/15 08:59 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
Christine81 Offline
We are planning a trip to Door County, WI in late August. Any tips and must see suggestions?

Return to Top
#2030913 - 07/30/15 09:10 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
HappyGilmore Online
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
well, if you are going to Door, certainly a side trip to Windows, Sashes, and Thresholds are in order as well...

Return to Top
#2030915 - 07/30/15 09:13 PM Re: Wisconsin Getaway ahkcompliance
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
When my parents go up there they like to attend a fish boil every time they go. A few different places put them on so you just have to find one with it happening while you are in the area. I forget the name of the bed and breakfast place they go to the most often. (If I remember I will post the name)

It is very beautiful there so no matter what you do you can hardly go wrong. smile

--
This might help :http://www.midwestliving.com/travel/wisconsin/door-county/things-to-do-door-county/
Last edited by Wolfy; 07/30/15 09:21 PM.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3