Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 22 of 48 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 47 48
Thread Options
#2031152 - 07/31/15 06:21 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
they should just use that plastic-like balls we all had as kids that require no inflation...then this would no longer be an issue

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2031153 - 07/31/15 06:23 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
If they used Nerf ball Tebow would have a chance starting somewhere.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031193 - 07/31/15 07:53 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Originally Posted By edAudit
If they used Nerf ball Tebow would have a chance starting somewhere.

Sorry not sure I get the joke or reference. Did he do Nerf commercials?

Return to Top
#2031221 - 07/31/15 09:24 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) RVFlyboy
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
I hope you aren't awaiting an explanation from me, as I don't have one, that would fall to the NFL. And we all agree they are inconsistent in their application of punishment.
And that's the primary basis of the NFLPA court case against the NFL.

OK just making sure. Now that I realize that case is not about Brady's innocence which he still is claiming to be. If I was him, I would just accept the suspension and move on. He is lucky he is not penalized for tarnishing the game like Pete Rose was. Brady is a liar, and a cheater.

Return to Top
#2031273 - 08/03/15 12:47 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/medals-won-blood-doping-athletes-report-article-1.2312295

One-third of medals in Olympic, World Championship endurance events from 2001-2012 won by athletes with suspicious blood doping test results: report

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031361 - 08/03/15 05:48 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) Sound Tactic
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By Sound Tactic
He is lucky he is not penalized for tarnishing the game like Pete Rose was. Brady is a liar, and a cheater.
You mean like Jerry Rice? Oh, wait...

Shemp, have you visited this site: www.yourteamcheats.com ? Looks like lots and lots of tarnish to go around to me.

Return to Top
#2031367 - 08/03/15 06:10 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Reading this thread makes one grateful he's written off following sports of any kind.

Return to Top
#2031374 - 08/03/15 06:27 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Good thing we do not slap a guilty on just any ones suspicious activities with out verification. Unless we badge you as a terrorist then we can wack you with a drone and it is 'OK'.

But holy cow with that many test results be so close it seems they need to find more accurate tests and I bet they catch many more cheaters. O_O
Last edited by Wolfy; 08/03/15 06:29 PM.

Return to Top
#2031381 - 08/03/15 06:38 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
professional sports, for most athletes, has a short life span...they need to do everything they can to ensure victory...this includes cheating, for many of them...as the list of banned substances grows, so does the research on how to get around these substances...with other ones, or ways to mask it...or a combination of many that all fall below the limit but collectively give you a boost...

Return to Top
#2031383 - 08/03/15 06:41 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
snip from http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-204813564.html

In reference to the 20 page report from Goodell justifying his upholding of the suspension:

1. The second factual finding made makes little sense to upholding the punishment

Read this and tell me what is wrong with it:

"Second, at least by the time of the AFC Championship Game, the inflation level of the footballs was a matter of particular interest to Mr. Brady. He told the Patriots' equipment staff that he wanted the footballs inflated at the lowest permissible level; he reviewed a highlighted copy of the provision of the Playing Rules that addressed inflation of footballs; and he instructed the equipment staff to present a copy of the rule to the game officials. On the day of the AFC Championship Game, Mr. McNally told referee Walt Anderson that Mr. Brady wanted the balls inflated to a pressure of 12.5 psi. He told the investigators that "Tom ... always has me pass a message to the Official's [sic] that he likes the balls at the minimum permissible PSI of 12.5. ... I know this is what Tom wants, and I have been personally told by him of the ball weight preference."

OK, so ... Brady went out of his way to make sure that the balls were inflated to 12.5 psi so they weren't against the rules? That's exactly what that says, that Brady went out of his way to make sure the balls were to his preference but still within the rules, going so far as to review the rulebook to make sure. Yet the NFL presents this as, "Well he did all of this legally BUT IT MAKES YA THINK DOESN'T IT?"

My thought all along is that Brady expressed his preference of having the ball as close to the 12.5 psi minimum. Now, if the ballboy took it upon himself to deflate beyond that, the employee should be punished accordingly. Without proof Brady told them to deflate them below 12.5, he shouldn't be punished. 4 games for not cooperating is unprecedented and ridiculous.

I heard Brady live on WEEI radio the morning after they beat the Colts and one of the first questions asked was what he knew about the reports after the game related to the low PSI footballs. He said he had no idea. I am sure after hearing that he started calling the equipment guys asking if they knew what was going on.

Return to Top
#2031396 - 08/03/15 07:34 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) TB 12
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By TB 12
OK, so ... Brady went out of his way to make sure that the balls were inflated to 12.5 psi so they weren't against the rules?

well, to read this, he said that his preference is the minimum, he gave highlighted rule saying what the minimum is...but I see nothing that states where Brady checked the PSI, which is really the only way he could "make sure" they were inflated properly...

kind of like when I give my kid $20 to go to a movie and I tell him bring me the change...I know i'm not getting any change...

Return to Top
#2031426 - 08/03/15 08:38 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
Peepers Offline
10K Club
"How many times do I have to say it? ... Well, if it can't be any clearer than `I've never taken drugs,'"

"We're sick and tired of these allegations and we're going to do everything we can to fight them. They're absolutely untrue" –

"At the end of the day, I have nothing to hide," –

"I have never doped"

Lance Armstrong Quotes

They ESPYs should have an award in Lance's honor for the biggest loser athlete

Return to Top
#2031433 - 08/03/15 09:06 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
snip from http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...-204813564.html

In reference to the 20 page report from Goodell justifying his upholding of the suspension:

1. The second factual finding made makes little sense to upholding the punishment

Read this and tell me what is wrong with it:

"Second, at least by the time of the AFC Championship Game, the inflation level of the footballs was a matter of particular interest to Mr. Brady. He told the Patriots' equipment staff that he wanted the footballs inflated at the lowest permissible level; he reviewed a highlighted copy of the provision of the Playing Rules that addressed inflation of footballs; and he instructed the equipment staff to present a copy of the rule to the game officials. On the day of the AFC Championship Game, Mr. McNally told referee Walt Anderson that Mr. Brady wanted the balls inflated to a pressure of 12.5 psi. He told the investigators that "Tom ... always has me pass a message to the Official's [sic] that he likes the balls at the minimum permissible PSI of 12.5. ... I know this is what Tom wants, and I have been personally told by him of the ball weight preference."

OK, so ... Brady went out of his way to make sure that the balls were inflated to 12.5 psi so they weren't against the rules? That's exactly what that says, that Brady went out of his way to make sure the balls were to his preference but still within the rules, going so far as to review the rulebook to make sure. Yet the NFL presents this as, "Well he did all of this legally BUT IT MAKES YA THINK DOESN'T IT?"

My thought all along is that Brady expressed his preference of having the ball as close to the 12.5 psi minimum. Now, if the ballboy took it upon himself to deflate beyond that, the employee should be punished accordingly. Without proof Brady told them to deflate them below 12.5, he shouldn't be punished. 4 games for not cooperating is unprecedented and ridiculous.

I heard Brady live on WEEI radio the morning after they beat the Colts and one of the first questions asked was what he knew about the reports after the game related to the low PSI footballs. He said he had no idea. I am sure after hearing that he started calling the equipment guys asking if they knew what was going on.

But once again the penalty was not for him deflating the ball is was for not cooperating with the investigation and being a dirt bag about it. It would appear that the Pats determined on its own who they believed were guilty otherwise they would not have booted the staff. To put it into bank terms when a teller is counting out bills for a number of years they can feel the fake ones. On would think that a Pro QB would feel an underinflated ball. Hence the should have known.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031457 - 08/04/15 12:05 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) BotV#6
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By Excess
In most cases, the cover up is worse than the crime.
Ask Pete Rose!

Return to Top
#2031459 - 08/04/15 12:24 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://hushsports.com/2009-jets-patriots-incident-becomes-issue-in-brady-case-nbcsports-com/

so in 2009 the Pats whined about the Jets tampering with footballs (5 years earlier). And to compare a Kicker to a QB is way out there. Blecheat claim about not knowing about anything air pressure has also now been deflated.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031460 - 08/04/15 12:33 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
http://hushsports.com/2009-jets-patriots-incident-becomes-issue-in-brady-case-nbcsports-com/

so in 2009 the Pats whined about the Jets tampering with footballs (5 years earlier). And to compare a Kicker to a QB is way out there. Blecheat claim about not knowing about anything air pressure has also now been deflated.

What is Blecheat?

Return to Top
#2031462 - 08/04/15 12:49 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Belecheat?

I’ve learned a lot more about this process in the last three days than I knew — or had talked about — in the last 40 years that I’ve coached in this league. I had no knowledge of the various steps involved in the game balls, the process that happened between when they were prepared and went to the officials and went to the game, so I’ve learned a lot about that. Obviously, I understand that each team has the opportunity to prepare the balls the way they want, give them to the officials, and the game officials either approve or disapprove the balls, and that really was the end of it for me, until I learned a little bit more about it the last couple days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...deflated-balls/

It appears that he had some knowledge in 2009

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031463 - 08/04/15 01:08 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia

Man, talk about reading between the lines. Maybe you got an entirely different version of this linked article than I did. Because my copy doesn't reference anything about the Patriots bringing the issue up with the NFL at all (whining), nor does it reference anything about Belichick knowing anything about it. Where are you getting these ideas that the Patriots triggered the 2009 investigation and that Belichick was the one who knew all about it then?

Return to Top
#2031466 - 08/04/15 01:25 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
how else would they know unless the Pats told them?

For some odd reason the Pats have this issue with the Jets. Personally I do not get it as the Pats have put together a team that can beat them 99 out of 100 times.

And do you think any Pro Manager in any sport would not know about doctored equipment after it was used against them?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031469 - 08/04/15 01:37 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
every team sends a report to the league after every game...in this they have the chance to discuss anything and everything they believe went wrong in the game...from simple things like a player used the wrong cleat color, style of approved sweatband, problems with calls, officiating, noise over PA system, if recording devices were used, access to sufficient towels and soap in the locker room, and also included would be anything they felt the other team did that was in violation of any NFL rule. This report is one of the responsibilities of the head coach and the GM. Not sure how a coach could be in the league 40 years and not be aware of the rules they have to follow, otherwise, he is a poor coach and his team would be at a distinct disadvantage in a number of areas - not just ball pressure.

Return to Top
#2031473 - 08/04/15 01:44 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The pats should just accept their punishment and move on. so the can concentrate on the new year and figure out a way to make moveable sidelines and end zone markings.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031478 - 08/04/15 01:53 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Here are some facts:

1) Blecheat (as Ed calls him) and Kraft were cleared in the Wells report;
2) There is no evidence that Brady ordered code red. His clear preference was to have the balls inflated to the lowest legal level and the report spells out the steps he took to ensure that happened. If the ball boy deflated it after the officials "checked" (and I use that term loosely) then that is a violation of the rules and those found guilty should pay the penalty-whatever that is. I do find it laughable that violations such as the balls being warmed up on the sidelines is brushed aside while the alleged deflation is the exact same thing. Tampering with the equipment to gain an advantage.

If the argument is Brady is suspended for 1/4 of the season for lack of cooperation, there is no precedent for that severe of a penalty.

This is clearly a make up call for the NFL's bungling of prior conduct issues.

Return to Top
#2031480 - 08/04/15 02:01 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031482 - 08/04/15 02:03 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
1) Blecheat (as Ed calls him) and Kraft were cleared in the Wells report; No one is "cleared" there was just no evidence against either one

I found an additional one but no penalty was issued.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/gostkowski-refused-to-cooperate-too/

CAMS

Return to Top
#2031488 - 08/04/15 02:11 PM Re: More Cheaters (really not the Patriots this time) TB 12
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
This is clearly a make up call for the NFL's bungling of prior conduct issues.

well, when the NFLPA grants judge, jury, prosecutor, executioner, review, and arbitration rights to 1 person, you run that risk...

Return to Top
Page 22 of 48 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 47 48