Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2031360 - 08/03/15 05:47 PM This will be the longest two weeks ever!
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
So, I accepted a new position with the bank. Rather than working as compliance in the compliance department, I will be one of the compliance people directly embedded within the line of business (eChannels area). I will also have to cover off on other areas of risk in this role. So, I'm not leaving BOL. smile But I'm certainly going to be very busy. However, these last two weeks look like they are going to be rough. I have to wrap up as much as I can in my current role and the new boss is already starting to ask for my engagement in tasks for the new role. I see some higher mileage running and a few bottles of wine in my immediate future.

Return to Top
#2031389 - 08/03/15 07:05 PM Re: This will be the longest two weeks ever! NotPerfect
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Congratulations on the new position.

Return to Top
#2031421 - 08/03/15 08:28 PM Re: This will be the longest two weeks ever! NotPerfect
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
NP - as people bring stuff to you, take it, glance at it, then start laughing maniacally for a few seconds, then say "yeah, i'll get right on this" and start laughing again...

Return to Top
#2031450 - 08/03/15 11:34 PM Re: This will be the longest two weeks ever! NotPerfect
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Congrats, NP! I hope the new position comes with a nice big raise, a bigger office and a minion or two.

2 out of 3?

1 out of 3?

smile

Return to Top
#2031456 - 08/04/15 11:17 AM Re: This will be the longest two weeks ever! NotPerfect
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
Actually cali, it'll be a lateral move with a slight bump in pay. I'll be losing my office on the 11th floor with a slight view and parking in the attached, enclosed structure to move to a cubical with surface lot parking. But, I will no longer have to pay for parking and my commute goes from 25-90 minutes to 5-15 minutes. And no minions. But I get to work with the same great team I have been working with for the last 5 years (in a new capacity directly with them) and will still get to work with my coworkers, except I'll have to take some orders from them. But I'm perfectly fine with that.

And I'll be that much closer to my running shoe store!!! That has to be the best perk of all. . . . . unless you are my husband. I tried to reason with him that the monthly parking savings will buy me 6 new pairs of shoes a year. He didn't fall for it.

Return to Top
#2031539 - 08/04/15 04:01 PM Re: This will be the longest two weeks ever! NotPerfect
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
The savings in gas and parking = a nice big raise. smile

Return to Top
#2031549 - 08/04/15 04:22 PM Re: This will be the longest two weeks ever! NotPerfect
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Congrats! Will you have a more casual dress code, too?

Return to Top
#2031557 - 08/04/15 04:45 PM Re: This will be the longest two weeks ever! NotPerfect
JacksTigger Offline
Gold Star
JacksTigger
lost in compliance land
congrats

CRCM

Return to Top
#2031569 - 08/04/15 05:37 PM Re: This will be the longest two weeks ever! NotPerfect
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By NotPerfect
And I'll be that much closer to my running shoe store!!! That has to be the best perk of all. . . . . unless you are my husband. I tried to reason with him that the monthly parking savings will buy me 6 new pairs of shoes a year. He didn't fall for it.

Congratulations! That would be very dangerous for me...it's a good thing my favorite running store is on the opposite side of town and not on my way home.

Return to Top
#2031610 - 08/04/15 07:08 PM Re: This will be the longest two weeks ever! NotPerfect
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By NotPerfect
unless you are my husband. I tried to reason with him that the monthly parking savings will buy me 6 new pairs of shoes a year. He didn't fall for it.

wait, are we married? because this sounds like the same logic I hear on a fairly regular basis...

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett