Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2032937 - 08/11/15 05:44 PM ARM Billing Statement-Other Required Disclosures
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Since we are moving to ARM loans, we are moving to monthly billing statements. The bill produced by the software vendor will meet the requirements of 1026.41(d). We are going to have to design the back of the statement ourselves. I'm going to put the HUD counseling notice on the back and was planning on including the cut off to make payments and disclosing how to report errors or request information (1024.35 & .36) Should I maybe "tweak" the billing error notice for HELOCs to fit the procedures for closed end mortgages? Is there anything else we should include? If anyone is willing to share any disclosures they have on the back of their mortgage statements, I'd be grateful.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2032977 - 08/11/15 06:54 PM Re: ARM Billing Statement-Other Required Disclosures Likes to Comply
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The notice under 1024.35 and .36 address billing errors so I wouldn't mess with adapting the HELOC billing error notice.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2033010 - 08/11/15 07:49 PM Re: ARM Billing Statement-Other Required Disclosures Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Do you think the following would hit the mark?...

Notice of Error or Information Request

If you suspect there is an error with your loan account or if you want to request information about your loan account, please write to us at:

Anywhere State Bank
Attn: Credit Department
PO Box XXXX
Anywhere, US XXXXX

Please include the following in your correspondence:
• Your name
• Information that allows us to identify your loan account
• Describe the error and explain, if you can, why you believe there is an error; or describe the information you are requesting with respect to your loan account.

You may telephone us at (XXX)XXX-XXXX; however, we reserve the right to require the notice of error or information request in writing.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z