Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2033188 - 08/12/15 02:34 PM Improvements being made to Property
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
If you know during underwriting that improvements are going to be made to multiple buildings on a property after closing, should the estimated value of the buildings after improvements be used for replacement cost value of the insurable buildings or the actual at the time of closing?

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#2033228 - 08/12/15 03:30 PM Re: Improvements being made to Property Likes to Comply
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Yes.

Return to Top
#2033287 - 08/12/15 05:15 PM Re: Improvements being made to Property David Dickinson
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Sorry, but my question may not have been clear. Require insurance for the RCV of the buildings at closing or for the RCV with planned improvements?

Thanks smile

Return to Top
#2033423 - 08/12/15 10:04 PM Re: Improvements being made to Property Likes to Comply
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I understood. My reply wasn't very clear.

Yes, you need to consider what the insurable value WILL be with the loan proceeds improving the building. Otherwise, you'll have knowledge that the insurable value is more than what you're requiring.

Think about this: I have a bare lot. I'm borrowing to build a $200,000 house on it. The insurable value before the loan is $0. The insurable value after the construction is complete is $200,000+. Flood insurance must be required for the estimated value of the completed home. Then, upon first renewal, the flood insurance should be re-evaluated based on the RCV of the completed home.

Return to Top
#2033553 - 08/13/15 04:07 PM Re: Improvements being made to Property David Dickinson
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Thanks very much smile

Return to Top