Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 28 of 48 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 47 48
Thread Options
#2037354 - 09/04/15 03:51 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Facts are irrelevant Jim.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2037357 - 09/04/15 03:55 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) TB 12
HappyGilmore Online
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By TB 12
Facts are irrelevant Jim.

to all parties involved in this discussion, pro and con fans of the Patriots...those who are fans excuse the issue as much as those who aren't fans hype the issues

Return to Top
#2037359 - 09/04/15 04:00 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I was under the impression that they lost the first tuck rule against the jets.

and yes it is/was a stupid rule

and also they are serial cheaters just ask the guy from the Boston globe.

yesterday they did not find Brady innocent they just found the NFL and Goodall pathetic but we appear to agree on that

CAMS

Return to Top
#2037362 - 09/04/15 04:11 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Yesterday's ruling aside, there is no evidence linking Brady to deflating footballs. Period. End of story.

I get that anyone that cares is on one side or the other and there is no turning back the clock. The haters think Brady is a cheat, the Patriot toties are ready to canonize him.

Ed-what "guy" from the Globe are you talking about?

Return to Top
#2037363 - 09/04/15 04:14 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2037365 - 09/04/15 04:16 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) TB 12
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle

It doesn't matter, he is now in protective custody. laugh

Return to Top
#2037367 - 09/04/15 04:17 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) DD Regs
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Just hoping that they save their cheats for a decent team and not waste a good cheat on the Jets. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2037387 - 09/04/15 05:37 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) DD Regs
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By DD Regs

It doesn't matter, he is now in protective custody. laugh

because he killed the lions? laugh

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#2037418 - 09/04/15 06:55 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Just because Dan Shaughnessy has an Irish name and reports for the Boston Globe does not make him any more a Patriots supporter than Ed or Shemp. Dan has long had bad things to say about the Patriots. But you have to also remember he was saying those things in the immediate aftermath of the release of the Wells Report. That report, at the time, was thought by many to be an independent review. We've now found out from the released appeal transcript and from Judge Berman's ruling that the Wells Report was anything but independent.

This report from Dan also assigns "serial" status to the fact that there were two supposed offenses in eight years, one of which we continue to learn more and more (at least for those willing to look at the science) was as likely not to have occurred as did. That seems a stretch, but OK. I still say, if you're going to assign the label of serial cheaters to the Patriots, you better assign that same label to 31 other NFL teams too. See www.yourteamcheats.com for validation.

It's true - Judge Berman's ruling did not find Tom Brady innocent. But if you read the details of the line of questions he had for the NFL during the hearing, you can see that he had little respect for the supposed "facts" that led to the suspension in the first place. And at the end of the day, he didn't declare Brady innocent because he had no standing to do so. This case wasn't about whether Brady was guilty or innocent. It was about whether he was treated fairly by the league and the fact is he was not treated fairly. I would be willing to wager that if Berman had standing to be able to declare guilt or innocence for Brady, he would have no question saying from a legal perspective of "preponderance of evidence" that Brady was innocent. But it is true that this is just speculation on my part. But if others can speculate that he's guilty, I can certainly speculate that he's innocent.

Here's some facts I can definitely get behind: The 2015 NFL season kicks off in 6 days at Gillette Stadium. Tom Brady will be under center for the Patriots. The Super Bowl LXIX World Champions Banner will be unfurled in Gillette Stadium just before kickoff. And I can hardly wait!

Return to Top
#2037429 - 09/04/15 07:29 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:
I would be willing to wager that if Berman had standing to be able to declare guilt or innocence for Brady, he would have no question saying from a legal perspective of "preponderance of evidence" that Brady was innocent.

I'd be willing to take that bet.

Return to Top
#2037431 - 09/04/15 07:30 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
See www.yourteamcheats.com for validation

I still have not been able to determine the author of this site yet alone the validity of it. (which I find strange in itself)

The wells report may or may not have been independent but it did not need to be as per the CBA.

Based upon the judges line of questioning during the process one could as well have questions about the independence of the judge.

I would be willing to wager that if Berman had standing to be able to declare guilt or innocence for Brady, he would have no question saying from a legal perspective of "preponderance of evidence" that Brady was innocent. I would differ with this statement and if he did it would be a vast overstatement of the task he was assigned to.

The main reason for his dismissal was that the Brady team could not question the legal counsel NFL. Since when would it be a legal standard to have the ability to question the opponents legal counsel.

Personally I believe that this could have been avoided had the NFL had in place a minimum standard for the integrity of the balls that was not based upon the wants of a few QBs and had a simple Ball Gauge issued to the field officials and a piece of paper with a pen. but sadly this has not been addressed for the new season. so since no one was warned about the possibility of a suspension (including the locker room staff) put whatever you like in the balls and it would be ok.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2037438 - 09/04/15 08:14 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By edAudit
I still have not been able to determine the author of this site yet alone the validity of it. (which I find strange in itself)
Have you found any of the items linked to any of the teams to be incorrect? If so, there is a process on the site to submit errors - have you done so, and if so, has that information been addressed? Otherwise, does it matter who the author of the site is?

Return to Top
#2037439 - 09/04/15 08:17 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
And now, sadly, not having learned my lesson previously, I truly am going to leave this thread to the haters and baiters. I'll be basking in the knowledge that after decades as the Patsies, my team now gives me hope for another Super Bowl championship every year.

Return to Top
#2037440 - 09/04/15 08:19 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Just because most are against cheating in football does not make use haters or baiters.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2037443 - 09/04/15 08:39 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
strangely enough when I click on "Email The Commish" I get a blank google screen. since that could reflect negatively on the site I will ignore it.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2037565 - 09/08/15 07:13 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...al-play-sheets/

I think this thread needs the soundtrack of the Benny Hill theme playing in the background.

Return to Top
#2037570 - 09/08/15 07:26 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2037573 - 09/08/15 07:28 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2037574 - 09/08/15 07:29 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
It's all a conspiracy to keep the Lions out of the Super bowl.

Return to Top
#2037575 - 09/08/15 07:36 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
It appears to be nothing more than an evil ploy to keep the Jets out of the playoffs. <sarcasm>

CAMS

Return to Top
#2037580 - 09/08/15 08:02 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) Pale Rider
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted By Pale Rider
It's all a conspiracy to keep the Lions out of the Super bowl.

there doesn't need to be a conspiracy to keep the lions out of the Super Bowl ... just sayin' wink

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#2037590 - 09/08/15 08:57 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Online
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
please, the lions have been to numerous superbowls...just last year, they were club level at the 45 yard line!

Return to Top
#2037608 - 09/08/15 10:52 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
And the obligatory old joke:

How do you keep lions out of your yard?

Paint a goal line in front of it.

smirk

Return to Top
#2037638 - 09/09/15 01:27 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Come on you know it is not PC to talk about the Lions getting killed.... again ^_-

Return to Top
#2037693 - 09/09/15 04:41 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Do they have a Cecil on the team?

Return to Top
Page 28 of 48 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 47 48