Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2039023 - 09/17/15 01:26 PM "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews
luvs2trvl Offline
100 Club
Texas
Comments please - does anyone else see an issue with our marketing department actually bribing customers with gift cards, $$ or other incentives to remove negative reviews they have placed about our company?

Just doesn't seem right.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2039036 - 09/17/15 02:00 PM Re: "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews luvs2trvl
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
What exactly do you mean by "negative news they have placed about our company?" Are you referring to Social Media?

#2039042 - 09/17/15 02:16 PM Re: "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews luvs2trvl
luvs2trvl Offline
100 Club
Texas
Yes - negative reviews on Yelp or any type of social media. They are literally paying the customer to take them down.

#2039056 - 09/17/15 02:39 PM Re: "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews luvs2trvl
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
Just seems to me that it would lead to the person saying, "Hey! I took this down, but they paid me to do so!" Which would lead to a whole 'nother flood of complaints which may or may not be accurate - and with the whole complaint management issue with our regulators -- I'd just review the initial bad review, see if it was accurate, see what my institution could do to make it right, change a procedure, etc. -- and document the whole process. If you make it right, the initial poster could revise their review or update it.

I know I've done that on app feedback on my phone (or Amazone). You rate your experience, give feedback, they fix it, and you revise your feedback.

#2039068 - 09/17/15 02:56 PM Re: "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews luvs2trvl
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would be asking to see the cost benefit analysis on that program if I was management.

#2039112 - 09/17/15 04:45 PM Re: "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews luvs2trvl
luvs2trvl Offline
100 Club
Texas
I agree Always In Training. They initially asked about paying to have them write positive reviews......... which lead to me discovering that they were paying to have negative reviews taken down. Sr. Management is fully aware. So Frustrating!!

#2039116 - 09/17/15 04:56 PM Re: "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews luvs2trvl
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I think this could come back and bite the bank big time. It is very short sighted. This is the kind of thing that can end up in the local news.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

#2039153 - 09/17/15 06:31 PM Re: "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews luvs2trvl
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
What happens if a group of customers realize that they can profit by writing and subsequently removing negative reviews?

#2039158 - 09/17/15 06:43 PM Re: "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews luvs2trvl
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735

Doesn't seem legit to me.

Am I the only one that noticed that this post didn't exactly end up "anonymous"?
Last edited by Norman Paperman; 09/17/15 06:44 PM.

CRCM

#2039163 - 09/17/15 06:49 PM Re: "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews luvs2trvl
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
You have to be completely logged out of Threads to post anonymously. That usually requires that you force yourself out by expiring your cookies. Select "Cookies" from the "My Stuff" drop-down menu. Then, on the page that appears, click "Expire Cookies" near the bottom left of the page.

You'll have to log back in to post in any other forum.
Bankers' Threads User #8

#2039361 - 09/18/15 03:59 PM Re: "bribing customers" to remove negative reviews luvs2trvl
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
well, most sites that allow for reviews also allow the company that is reviewed to respond; I think your marketing department would do better by responding to each review, negative or positive. if positive, thank them for taking the time to highlight what a great job you do. if negative, apologize for their poor experience, explain that is not what your bank is about, and ask them to come back and talk to X so you can make it right for them.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale