Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2039345 - 09/18/15 03:19 PM Recordinge Fees -- Itemization
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
We need some help after reading 1026.38(g)(1)(i) and (ii). In Section E. Taxes and Other Government Fees on the Closing Disclosure, if the recording fees include a charge for something other than the deed and mortgage, is the creditor required to itemize this amount outside of the column with a description? For example:

Deed $50
Mortgage $50
Sales Disclosure Fee $10

Total inside the column for Recording Fees is $110.00. Should the Sales Disclosure Fee be itemized outside the column as well? If there is not room on this line due to the Mortgage and Deed, does the creditor need to add another line with this fee itemized outside the column?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2039610 - 09/21/15 02:13 PM Re: Recordinge Fees -- Itemization justsayjulie
time flies when you're having fun Offline
Gold Star
I am curious about this too. It was my understanding that only the actual amount of the recording fee for the Deed and/or mortgage would be split out and other types of recording fees. But -- wouldn't be the first time that I was wrong about these rules:)

Return to Top
#2039613 - 09/21/15 02:27 PM Re: Recordinge Fees -- Itemization justsayjulie
time flies when you're having fun Offline
Gold Star
Listen to the government fees discussion on the November 18th webinar. They discuss that the mortgage and deed amounts listed to the left of the column are to include only the amounts needed to actually record the deed or mortgage. Other recording fees are to be aggregated in the total recording fees listed in the total recording fees column.

Return to Top
#2039626 - 09/21/15 03:16 PM Re: Recordinge Fees -- Itemization justsayjulie
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
Thank you, just passing time!

Return to Top