Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2040962 - 09/28/15 06:57 PM Is OFAC considered one in the same as AML regs?
jhoch Offline
I have someone quesitoning why our agreements with some third parties don't reference OFAC screening. The language in the agreement states that all laws pertaining to money-laundering and the Patriot Act are followed. Is it safe to say that that language applies to OFAC as well.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2040972 - 09/28/15 07:09 PM Re: Is OFAC considered one in the same as AML regs? jhoch
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
No.

There is no bridge between OFAC compliance and Bank Secrecy Act compliance. They are two completely different rule sets that are covered in the same regulatory examination profile, nothing more.

Without knowing what the agreements are for, it's safe to say there's no boilerplate requirement that BSA requirements be mentioned, let alone OFAC. However, it is more likely that other U.S. businesses are more likely to have OFAC rather than BSA responsibilities.

Return to Top
#2040974 - 09/28/15 07:14 PM Re: Is OFAC considered one in the same as AML regs? Elwood P. Dowd
jhoch Offline
Thank you.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z