BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#2041563 - 09/30/15 05:43 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
he was slapped by a number of players on one team, he left the field to the locker room where he grabbed the gun then returned to the field...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2041568 - 09/30/15 05:48 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
he was slapped by a number of players on one team, he left the field to the locker room where he grabbed the gun then returned to the field...

As you have stated that you are a ref: good thing you were in Chicago at the time not near any of the shootings.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2041583 - 09/30/15 06:21 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
in one of our more challenging local leagues, where many of the players are foreign born and have played at the professional level, I have seen referees hit, slapped, tripped, run in to, stepped on, pushed, chased to their cars, had things thrown at them, spit on, and threatened to be killed.

can often be quite interesting, especially if there are multiple languages involved and barriers to speaking these.

Return to Top
#2042242 - 10/02/15 06:25 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
According to new reports, no NFL players were arrested in the past month.

Return to Top
#2042246 - 10/02/15 06:31 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... MyBrainHurts
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Did the Bengals fold?

Return to Top
#2042263 - 10/02/15 07:09 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
well, this is only the 2nd day of the month, so kind of skewed data

Return to Top
#2042929 - 10/06/15 08:00 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
September was hours away from becoming the first calendar month in six years without an NFL arrest. On Friday, the San Diego Union-Tribune’s NFL database reflected no arrests 48 hours earlier, and so it appeared something historic had occurred. It hadn’t.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dori...a6oP?li=AAa0dzB

CAMS

Return to Top
#2044713 - 10/16/15 05:40 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Back to football.....3 hours of time.....about 12 minutes of actual action.......a colossal waste of time. Soccer.....if you know the strategies of the game, it's mesmerizing to watch.....continuous action.....everyone on the team is an athlete.

Return to Top
#2044719 - 10/16/15 05:56 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Did Happy steal swiggles sign on password?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2044720 - 10/16/15 05:59 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... edAudit
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By edAudit
September was hours away from becoming the first calendar month in six years without an NFL arrest. On Friday, the San Diego Union-Tribune’s NFL database reflected no arrests 48 hours earlier, and so it appeared something historic had occurred. It hadn’t.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dori...a6oP?li=AAa0dzB

October won't be the month either. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seattle-sea...tml?clear-cache

Return to Top
#2044726 - 10/16/15 06:20 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Continuous action must equal watching men wallow around the field flopping from time to time hoping for a call. The chess match of every down between the defense and offense hoping to call the play that will best work against the opposition must not equal the awesome strategy of "kick it down the field till the other guy is to tired our is out of position."

Sorry swiggles just thought it would be fun to play devils advocate today. ^_^

Baseball, now there is a game if action!! hee hee

Return to Top
#2044848 - 10/19/15 03:01 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... Wolfy
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
"Continuous action must equal watching men wallow around the field flopping from time to time hoping for a call. The chess match of every down between the defense and offense hoping to call the play that will best work against the opposition must not equal the awesome strategy of kick it down the field till the other guy is to tired our is out of position." Sorry swiggles just thought it would be fun to play devils advocate today. ^_^"

LOL, devil's advocate but just to clarify....funny how people see a few instances of that and assume no one is ever hurt and that the whole game consists of that........which is, in itself, a strategy. Contact is made and an attempt is made to cause the referee to call a foul....free kick at point of foul allowing players to get situated a set to receive the ball. And a foul in the penalty box.....almost a certain goal. The funny part about the dramatics to call a foul is when the player gets tackled and rolls about 5 or 6 times.......stupid.

"Baseball, now there is a game if action!! hee hee"
Hee hee is right.......another colossal waste of time.....a lot of spitting and scratching of balls sick I think people watch to see the benches cleared and all the players run out on the field to fight. Now THAT'S exciting. laugh

Return to Top
#2044853 - 10/19/15 03:22 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... swiggles
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Originally Posted By swiggles
I think people watch to see the benches cleared and all the players run out on the field to fight. Now THAT'S exciting. laugh

Sounds like hockey!! ^_^

Return to Top
#2044854 - 10/19/15 03:26 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... swiggles
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle

"Baseball, now there is a game if action!! hee hee"
Hee hee is right.......another colossal waste of time.....a lot of spitting and scratching of balls sick I think people watch to see the benches cleared and all the players run out on the field to fight. Now THAT'S exciting. laugh [/quote]

Yeap, no one is watching for the pitching match up, hit and run, double plays, diving catches, over the wall catches, the un forced tag outs. NOOOO, we are just waiting for a fight. crazy

Return to Top
#2044860 - 10/19/15 03:46 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... DD Regs
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
It really all boils down to people's preferences....no right or wrong...good sport or bad sport...exciting or boring. I don't know the strategies of baseball....therefore I find it boring. Likewise....if you have never played soccer and don't know its strategies, I can see why you might find it boring. I think I would rather receive a root canal than watch golf, but understand why people who play or have played, love it. My comment about fighting on the baseball field was meant to be humorous, not insulting...like stating that people who like to watch NASCAR want to see a wreck....not so.

Return to Top
#2044862 - 10/19/15 03:47 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Oh.....never understood how a no-hitter game could possibly be anything but a snoozer. LOL

Return to Top
#2044864 - 10/19/15 03:52 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I know the strategies of baseball and find it boring. While they have tried to speed up the game this year by limiting the stepping out of the batters box to adjust the batting glove, helmet, grip and private parts, it is still too slow.

That isn't to say a no hitter is boring-it is very intense. I just don't have the time or desire to spend 3.5 hours per night watching a game.

Return to Top
#2044866 - 10/19/15 03:57 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
the only good baseball game is one viewed in person where you can eat great hotdogs and drink cold beer...unless you are at Yankee stadium where a hotdog and beer set you back about $25...that hurts...

Return to Top
#2044867 - 10/19/15 03:58 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
No Offense Swiggles, baseball is a great radio game. You can listen while still getting something accomplished.

Golf, I like to play and go to watch (The Memorial is in my back yard), but not on TV.

Soccer, I enjoy watching my son and his friends play, and I will watch an occasional match on TV.

Football, I enjoy watching about any game that is on.

College basketball, I enjoy.

Hockey I don't understand, so I don't waste my time.

Return to Top
#2044869 - 10/19/15 04:01 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I like to just watch the great plays in football.....not the whole game, because there is great athleticism in some of the plays.....especially in slow motion.....can't really say that so much about any other sport.

Return to Top
#2044900 - 10/19/15 06:04 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
No Offense Swiggles, baseball is a great radio game. You can listen while still getting something accomplished. Played baseball in HS; loved playing. I enjoy watching games in person....on TV not so much.

Golf, I like to play and go to watch (The Memorial is in my back yard), but not on TV. I play some golf, but watch? NEVER. **the term play is used very generously in this statement**

Soccer, I enjoy watching my son and his friends play, and I will watch an occasional match on TV. I know nothing of the game. Never played. Tried watching a few times but I just simply don't understand it. For those reasons I find it pretty boring. No offense meant for any who enjoy it.

Football, I enjoy watching about any game that is on. If it's football then I enjoy it. I usually go to a local HS game just about every Friday. College Saturday, NFL on Sunday, Monday, and Thrusday.

College basketball, I enjoy. I enjoy watching quite a bit of College basketball....NBA no.

Hockey I don't understand, so I don't waste my time. Agree 100%

Billiards and Poker I enjoy when I catch them on, but never actually put any effort into watching them....just if I happen to catch them on.

Return to Top
#2044927 - 10/19/15 06:54 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
burkemi, I don't get the televised poker. Those boneheads wearing hood and glasses. Come on, part of the game is having a poker face. Might as well play behind a curtain or online. What a joke.

billiards like you, I will watch If I happen to catch it, especially if it is women smirk

Return to Top
#2044929 - 10/19/15 06:59 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
billiards and poker...interesting, as i'm not sure i'd call either a sport...

since i don't sleep much, i often find myself watching strange sports form other countries...i love watching australian rules football (reminds me of where the Mad Max Thunderdome idea came from)...cricket, although i still have been unable to determine what the goal is, i find it highly entertaining...badmitton, simply because, well, i have no idea...table tennis, which is the fastest growing sport in the world (go figure)...still can't figure out how red bull has a cliff diving and airplane racing league, but whatever...and then there are the extreme X-Terra sports, triathalons in the mountains, base jumping with the air-foil suits from 10,000 foot cliffs, and other crazy stuff i'd never do

Return to Top
#2044930 - 10/19/15 06:59 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
TMatt87 Online
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
I'm an avid poker player and don't wear sunglasses or a hoodie. Most of the player tells are just as easy to spot either way.

Return to Top
#2044932 - 10/19/15 07:00 PM Re: Sayonara, NFL... HappyGilmore
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
DD, I can't explain why I like televised poker....what you've said is true, but I still like it. I agree on billiards; the women are more enjoyable to watch than the men.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4