#2042748 - 10/06/15 02:11 PM Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline
Mary Beth Guard Offline
Platinum Poster
Mary Beth Guard
Oklahoma City, OK
So, how is it?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2042751 - 10/06/15 02:18 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
RR Joker Online
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Quiet. (I know...it won't last...BUT) We were inundated with RESPA loans end of last week and yesterday.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2042752 - 10/06/15 02:21 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
YosemiteSamIAm Offline
Power Poster
Guess
What he/she said ^^^^^^^^^^^

Return to Top
#2042754 - 10/06/15 02:27 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Here, too - but this is 'fall break' week and about half of our loan staff (and most of the city) are out this week.

Return to Top
#2042758 - 10/06/15 02:31 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Eerily quiet here too.

Return to Top
#2042759 - 10/06/15 02:33 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
We got one purchase app late yesterday afternoon, but it hasn't gone as far as starting an LE yet. The processor is still scrambling to get all the stuff she needs to request one.

Return to Top
#2042761 - 10/06/15 02:36 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
danaken Offline
OK
Quiet here so far. Had a big rush last week renewing loans early because we are not sure when our loan software will support certain transactions.

Return to Top
#2042763 - 10/06/15 02:39 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
Compl101TX Offline
Gold Star
Compl101TX
W. TX
Not a single application here yet.

Return to Top
#2042766 - 10/06/15 02:42 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
Luv2run Offline
Platinum Poster
Messy-still working out the bugs in our LOS. Still waiting for a release to fix several issues. Was supposed to come Friday, then Saturday, then yesterday.......still waiting.

Return to Top
#2042768 - 10/06/15 02:44 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Just got informed of what looks like our first potential TRID application: a bridge loan. Yum.

Return to Top
#2042770 - 10/06/15 02:45 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Quiet here...last week we had so many new applications that we put through before Friday. We were surprised when nothing yesterday.

Return to Top
#2042775 - 10/06/15 02:55 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
No new apps yet. Calyx released SP5 over the weekend which means the interface to DocMagic doesn't work yet. Third party downpayment funds aren't going where they're supposed to but can be finagled into place manually, service provider list is still manual, the eSign process isn't working correctly yet, and we've got about 25 legacy loans still in process with no issues in the way (so that's the good news). Calyx's phone system apparently wasn't working yesterday smirk but is magically back on today with 45+ minute wait times.

All things being equal? It's quiet and we don't have too many glitches given that our LOS vendor did a weekend release to fix what they apparently broke in the previous release. Everything currently has a manual workaround in place.

Return to Top
#2042777 - 10/06/15 02:57 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
That y'all are still waiting for software tweaks is simply ridiculous given the time since these rules were issued.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2042782 - 10/06/15 02:59 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
We received an app yesterday. The LE looks good in the LOS, but when it flows over to DocMagic, we have an issue with the PMI. Our head of Loan Admin was on hold for 90 minutes with the vendor yesterday until they finally disconnected her.

Return to Top
#2042783 - 10/06/15 03:07 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Just got application #2 - this one's a doozy! Figuring out how to categorize purpose and get the disclosures right should be interesting.

Return to Top
#2042784 - 10/06/15 03:07 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Two apps, one bridge loan and one secondary market purchase. The LE on the purchase looked just fine (we use Encompass 360). The bridge loan hasn't been processed yet (commercial lender is LO so I'll basically be doing it for him).

Return to Top
#2042791 - 10/06/15 03:17 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
We've taken apps so far, nobody wants to tell me how it's going because they'd have to admit I was right and they should have planned ahead. We had a procedural meeting yesterday morning, first bit of "training" most staff have gotten beyond a little bit of software training for what goes where. The next few weeks will be...interesting.

We're Doc Magic users too, interesting to know there's trouble going on there. The department wanted to put 100% trust in them that all would be fine... smirk

Return to Top
#2042795 - 10/06/15 03:26 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
#3 - purchase of a deeded tailgating spot at the stadium.

:sigh:

Return to Top
#2042798 - 10/06/15 03:31 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
Charles Everson Offline
100 Club
Charles Everson
Overland Park, Kansas
Dozens of apps. Dozens of second reviews by the compliance department. Dozens of complaints from sales that the disclosures can't go out 30 minutes after app is received. All very predictable.

Return to Top
#2042825 - 10/06/15 04:15 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Miracles! The DocMagic error that was occurring yesterday afternoon disappeared overnight.

Return to Top
#2042827 - 10/06/15 04:20 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline RR Becca
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Originally Posted By RR Becca
#3 - purchase of a deeded tailgating spot at the stadium.

:sigh:

Wow! So, tell me. Timeshare concept? Does it come with season tickets for duration of ownership? Bizarre!
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2042829 - 10/06/15 04:28 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
one application for a refi came in yesterday. We had to do manual workarounds for a couple glitches that have not yet been fixed or were unfixed by fixing something else.

And yes, John, I agree that I don't understand the systems stuff at all. What were they going to do if the 8/1 date had stuck?! And yet everytime the government hands down a mandate that requires system changes, we all end up waiting and fretting right up to the deadline and beyond. If I did my job like that...well, let's just say the pink wouldn't be for breast cancer.

Return to Top
#2042843 - 10/06/15 05:39 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I snuck down like a good compliance ninja and stole a copy of an LE from a file to do some review work. On the bright side, there was one in the file! All the errors I identified appear to be template/preference problems in the system set-up though, not the software itself. People are the weak link, no surprise there.

Loans are originated in Encompass, closing docs come from Doc Magic. DM is saying they won't generate closing docs unless the loan goes through them from the start, so it appears we're dual originating loans... what?? crazy

Return to Top
#2042846 - 10/06/15 05:42 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Matt_B
Happy Birthday Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
Great minds thinking alike! Did the same on our Encompass generated LE.

Return to Top
#2043024 - 10/07/15 02:08 PM Re: Life after the TRID Implementation Deadline Mary Beth Guard
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
My boss told me an interesting story late yesterday - on Monday, he called a local bank (about $600M community bank that's had a significant mortgage presence for years) and said he'd like to do a refi. The LO fell all over himself trying not to take the app over the phone. He offered to mail him an app so that my boss could fill it out and mail it back in. He explained they just had a massive reg change. He suggested that my boss call back when he wasn't in the car because of the amount of info he'd need. My boss had a great time with this LO - "No, I'd like to apply now while I'm driving and have 25 minutes to talk. No problem, I've got all the info in my head. Etc." I'm guessing that bank doesn't know what's going on in the background.

If it's still too quiet, do you know what your LO's are telling people on the phone?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2