Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2043764 - 10/11/15 11:26 PM Mobile Homes & RESPA - FDIC Exam Manual?
Compliance Poster Offline
Gold Star
On page V 3.4 of the FDIC's examination manual on RESPA, below, a graph is added to depict what RESPA-related loans are covered by the TRID disclosures. In the second column where it indicates what loans to continue using existing TIL and RESPA disclosures, it states "Chattel-secured mortgages (i.e., mortgages secured by a mobile home or by a dwelling that is not attached to real property, such as land) (subject to existing TIL disclosures, and not RESPA)." I thought that RESPA simply does not cover mobile homes not attached to land and wonder why it would be in the column at all. Would you please clear this up for me?

FDIC Examination Manual - RESPA

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2043768 - 10/12/15 01:22 PM Re: Mobile Homes & RESPA - FDIC Exam Manual? Compliance Poster
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
Chattel-secured mortgages (i.e., mortgages secured by a mobile home or by a dwelling that is not attached to real property, such as land) (subject to existing TIL disclosures, and not RESPA)

It says "and not RESPA" The MH only loan would be covered by Reg Z. The column is for both RESPA and Reg Z, as applicable.

Return to Top
#2043927 - 10/13/15 05:31 PM Re: Mobile Homes & RESPA - FDIC Exam Manual? ahou
Compliance Poster Offline
Gold Star
Would this mean then that the list of homeowners counselling agencies, Affiliated Business Arrangement Disclosure, and the servicing disclosure statement would also not be required on mobile home-only loans as well?

Return to Top
#2043931 - 10/13/15 05:41 PM Re: Mobile Homes & RESPA - FDIC Exam Manual? Compliance Poster
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
They never have been subject to those requirements.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2043982 - 10/13/15 07:47 PM Re: Mobile Homes & RESPA - FDIC Exam Manual? RR Joker
Ski Offline
Platinum Poster
South Louisiana
Mobile homes only may not be subject to receiving the Homeowners Counseling List for RESPA, but if they are deemed High-Cost (HOEPA) loans under Reg. Z, you will have to give them the Homeowners Counseling List in order for them to get the counseling required to make the loan.

We have had 4 of these since January 2014 due to not passing the APR test.

Return to Top
#2043993 - 10/13/15 08:21 PM Re: Mobile Homes & RESPA - FDIC Exam Manual? Compliance Poster
jmd Offline
100 Club
In a state where Mobile Homes in a park are considered "real property" under state law, would the same rules apply? The loans are secured by a mobile home only, no land.

Return to Top