Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2032026 - 08/06/15 12:42 PM Flood Life of Loan and Lot Land Loans
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
We understand the fee for flood life of loan is listed as a prepaid on a purchase transaction where there's a dwelling. Our lenders are telling us that while we don't require it, flood life of loan is obtained on lot land purchase transactions, too. Where, and how, should we reflect this on the LE and CloD?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2032032 - 08/06/15 01:00 PM Re: Flood Life of Loan and Lot Land Loans justsayjulie
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Where, and how, should we reflect this on the LE and CloD?

Why would it be reflected any different than any other TRID loan? Why is this fee a prepaid?? It is purely a service the borrower cannot shop for.

Return to Top
#2032135 - 08/06/15 05:14 PM Re: Flood Life of Loan and Lot Land Loans justsayjulie
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
My error, Randy, in conveying the question. Instead of "prepaids", I should have said "finance charge." We do include it as "cannot shop for".

Return to Top
#2046259 - 10/26/15 09:46 PM Re: Flood Life of Loan and Lot Land Loans justsayjulie
2Confused2go on Offline
100 Club
Texas
LaserPro is putting Flood in Prepaids. The life of loan portion of the charge is a prepaid. Flood determination in a service they cannot shop for. What does the CFPB say?

Return to Top