Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2049499 - 11/13/15 01:36 PM The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
sorry, been busy with the remodeling and all...I hope everyone enjoys the new décor...it took longer than expected to removed the Aqua-Net residue that had built up in the ladies room over the past few years, that stuff is worse than superglue...

anyway, please enjoy the LED lighting (which allows you to read your TRID documents and CRCM Exam Study Guide no matter where you sit), the 46 different beer taps at every table and booth, the wait staff is all former CFPB examiners, so not only will they be very slow, their suggestions are usually horrible, as is their service, and double check those checks, they're likely wrong as well.

For those who choose to indulge in cheesy hash browns, there is a separate room in the back that serves these along with cholesterol medicine IVs.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2049508 - 11/13/15 01:59 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
::walks in and immediately shuts eyes::

Dang! Turn those lights down will ya? With it so bright in here how in the world can I throw darts and the wait staff not be able to see that I'm aiming at them! shocked

::opens tap on lime infused beer::

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2049523 - 11/13/15 02:58 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
--Ducks a stray dart --

Nice rehab! I kind of miss that smell of aquanet mingled with cheesy hashbrowns, but I'll adjust, I'm sure! Ohhhh, that Blue Moon sure tastes good!

Return to Top
#2049546 - 11/13/15 03:47 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open RR Joker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By RR Joker

::opens tap on lime infused beer::

THERE. ARE. NO. FRUITED. BEER. TAPS mad mad mad mad mad

Return to Top
#2049553 - 11/13/15 03:58 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
the wait staff is all former CFPB examiners, so not only will they be very slow, their suggestions are usually horrible, as is their service, and double check those checks, they're likely wrong as well.

The checks aren't 'wrong,' you just have to understand the calculations. The cost per drink is the actual cost, plus any tips financed, less costs expected to be paid by others in your party (assuming you have a written contract in place allocating said costs accordingly). The total due, however, will not reflect the costs expected to be paid by others in your party. The total will be calculated by adding the actual cost per drink, plus tips financed, less tips expected to be paid in cash, multiplied by the date, divided by your shoe size. This will avoid giving you false expectations of having a reasonable total due, even though your actual total due might, in fact, be much lower than the amount shown.

Return to Top
#2049561 - 11/13/15 04:24 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Man walks into a bar, what does he say?

Return to Top
#2049563 - 11/13/15 04:25 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open bOaty
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By bOaty
Ouch!

Return to Top
#2049573 - 11/13/15 04:44 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Good one, Becca! laugh!

Happy...sure there is Lime infused beer on tap...it's right there next to the medium rare filet mignon! smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2049587 - 11/13/15 05:15 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Where's the like button for RR Becca?

Return to Top
#2049595 - 11/13/15 05:31 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open RR Becca
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By RR Becca
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
the wait staff is all former CFPB examiners, so not only will they be very slow, their suggestions are usually horrible, as is their service, and double check those checks, they're likely wrong as well.

The checks aren't 'wrong,' you just have to understand the calculations. The cost per drink is the actual cost, plus any tips financed, less costs expected to be paid by others in your party (assuming you have a written contract in place allocating said costs accordingly). The total due, however, will not reflect the costs expected to be paid by others in your party. The total will be calculated by adding the actual cost per drink, plus tips financed, less tips expected to be paid in cash, multiplied by the date, divided by your shoe size. This will avoid giving you false expectations of having a reasonable total due, even though your actual total due might, in fact, be much lower than the amount shown.

As this is just a community bar and the cost of compliance out weighs the cost of a drink the bar is for sale to a mega bar and cost per drink will be tripled.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2049599 - 11/13/15 05:42 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I just want a nice glass of wine, and maybe some cheese....TGIF

Return to Top
#2049600 - 11/13/15 05:43 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Make sure your bartender complies with the Truth in Blending Act when making your frozen margaritas!

Return to Top
#2049601 - 11/13/15 05:47 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open thomasj
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Originally Posted By thomasj
Originally Posted By bOaty
Ouch!

Yep....the uncensored version!

Return to Top
#2049637 - 11/13/15 08:25 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open RR Joker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By RR Joker

Happy...sure there is Lime infused beer on tap...it's right there next to the medium rare filet mignon! smile

and we have our first banned patron...out out out...and don't come back!

Return to Top
#2049652 - 11/13/15 09:35 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
After this crazy week, I just might drink anything you serve (within reason - because I understand that could open up some not-so-nice suggestions).

Return to Top
#2049677 - 11/13/15 10:40 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
:rolls whiskey barrel to basil and hands her a straw:
This outtta cure anything!

As for me, I'll be in the corner dodging darts and incoherently mumbling something about clods.....

Return to Top
#2049682 - 11/13/15 10:52 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
::sneaks over to basil's whiskey barrel and fills up a glass pitcher:: whistle

Return to Top
#2049701 - 11/14/15 03:50 PM Re: The "where the heck has the bar been" bar is open HappyGilmore
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Bloody Mary time!!!

Return to Top