Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#204960 - 06/28/04 03:13 PM Using affiliates employees
Love those Regs Offline
Gold Star
Southern State
Our bank owns a mortgage company. We want one of the loan processors for the mort. co. to process some of the bank's loans for 60 days. In our privacy notice, the portion about sharing with affiliates indicates we share only our own experiences - therefore we do not offer an opt out. By allowing the mort. co. person to order VOE, VOD, and other paperwork, does this go against what we describe in our privacy notice or is it totally unrelated? I'm confused

Return to Top
#204961 - 06/28/04 03:47 PM Re: Using affiliates employees
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
You are temporarily shifting an employee. I don't see that as a privacy change as the mortgage group is not going to be using this information.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#204962 - 06/28/04 04:01 PM Re: Using affiliates employees
Love those Regs Offline
Gold Star
Southern State
Do we need to make any disclosures at all then to the consumers about a mortgage employee will be the person gathering all the information for making the loan? Any opt-outs or anything? I really appreciate your input Andy!

Return to Top
#204963 - 06/28/04 04:11 PM Re: Using affiliates employees
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I don't think so. This is a temporary employment type issue, not one of sharing information. The employee is not expected to go back and cross-sell to apps she worked on at the bank. The employee is putting on a different hat at that point.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#204964 - 06/28/04 06:39 PM Re: Using affiliates employees
Love those Regs Offline
Gold Star
Southern State
Ok - last question - I hope! What if this mort. co. employee pulls credit or see a credit report with information on the customer that is not bank information. Then, are we sharing other information (not our own experiences)and need an opt out?

Return to Top
#204965 - 06/29/04 12:43 AM Re: Using affiliates employees
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The employee is not taking back the information or using it in any way for the mortgage dept. The information isn't shared. You could have a confidentiality agreement signed if you wanted.

Return to Top