Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2049813 - 11/16/15 04:41 PM CDL ?
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
Business equity line of credit (less than $1,000,000) to non-profit organization, secured by a multifamily residence (transitional housing). The organization contracts with the Federal Prison Bureau and is a reentry residential center that provides housing, food and services that help residents make a transition back into the community.

Is this a CDL? Don't see it as a small business loan as it is secured by a multi-family which is not CRA Reportable. Not HMDA reportable as it is transitional housing. Similar to scenario at this link, https://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1989520/HMDA_purchase_or_CRA_community, however using the Dallas Fed CRA Loan Data Collection Grid I couldn't find a classification for it.

Thanks.

Return to Top
CRA
#2049849 - 11/16/15 05:54 PM Re: CDL ? Tennismom
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I would report it as a CD loan. You may need to obtain from the nonprofit the average wages or incomes of the men as they are released from prison and then find work. As convicted felons I would be confident their wages are going to be less than $20 an hour on average. Whatever the number is you will compare that to the median family income number for the MSA and you will have evidence this organization is serving primarily LMI.

Return to Top