Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2049930 - 11/16/15 08:49 PM Summons to Trustee with Successive Service?
WestKerryGirl Offline
We have a trustee summons which we know attaches only the goods, effects, or credits of the debtor that are in the possession of the trustee at the time of service, but the box Successive Service is checked :G.L. c. 246, § 8 permits successive service of the original trustee summons in order to attach additional property that comes into the hands of the trustee after the initial service. Mass. R. Civ. P. 4.2(f).

I have several questions related to the Successive Service:

Do we automatically hold bank assets for the next 30 days and include the total in the answer? Or will we be served again past the initial summons? Do we notice the customer of the summons we received today or not if it's subject to successive service?

Return to Top
#2049984 - 11/17/15 12:41 AM Re: Summons to Trustee with Successive Service? WestKerryGirl
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
After reading the law, I believe you don't treat the summons any differently. You will receive a separate service for each summons in the series, and you treat each of them separately. Check with bank counsel for further info.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2050055 - 11/17/15 04:20 PM Re: Summons to Trustee with Successive Service? WestKerryGirl
WestKerryGirl Offline
Thanks John I appreciate the information and advice.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett