Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2051342 - 11/25/15 12:49 PM Notary and courier fee
THEBANKERLADY Offline
100 Club
THEBANKERLADY
We have a loan where we provided a list of providers with the Loan Estimate and the customer ended up choosing someone off that list. The Attorney charged both a courier fee and a notary fee. I am aware that once the customer chooses someone off the list, then they automatically go into the Services the borrower did NOT shop for on the Closing Disclosure. The only question I have is do the courier fee and notary fee go in there as well and also, what are their tolerances? 10%?
Last edited by John Burnett; 11/25/15 03:07 PM.
Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2051586 - 11/28/15 12:46 PM Re: Notary and courier fee THEBANKERLADY
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
My first question is why is a service provider that you have on your list charging additional charges over and above what you have already agreed would be charged??? That is why a service provided is on your list, because you know what they will charge ahead of time.

Return to Top
#2051626 - 11/30/15 03:47 PM Re: Notary and courier fee THEBANKERLADY
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Confusing terms......some have been using "off the list" meaning the applicant did NOT choose from the list. Do you mean the customer did not choose from your list?....chose a provider not on your list?

Return to Top
#2051633 - 11/30/15 03:57 PM Re: Notary and courier fee THEBANKERLADY
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I expect to run into that problem because every deal is not the same. If they chose from your list, those fees will be 10% items.

It's best to discuss the particulars with the service provider before preparing individual LE's. Some will have courier fees and some won't...however the notary fee, if separately charged, should be a 'known' fee for each closing.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top