Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Thread Options
#2113108 - 01/05/17 02:27 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Yes, we do.

I've slacked off since Thanksgiving, and now I need to drop about 7 pounds. Maybe 10.

Return to Top
#2113464 - 01/07/17 04:03 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) HappyGilmore
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
new year new you? Happy to say that I actually lost weight this holiday season, instead of gaining it. Make fun of soccer all you want, but nothing drops weight like running after kids half your age for 90 minutes 2-3 days per week!

That is why you stand in the middle of the field and walk 20 feet either direction, at most. Saves an unlimited number of heartbeats.

Return to Top
#2114310 - 01/13/17 10:15 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
Last Tuesday (the 3rd) I began a new eating plan. It is called "Trim Healthy Mama". Basic concept is to separate fat meals from carb meals, with at least 3 hours in between meal types. There's more to it than that but that's the basic idea. It has been the easiest eating program I've ever done. I'm not hungry, don't feel deprived, and have plenty of energy. It's also pretty easy to incorporate the concept into cooking for my family. They are eating the same meals.

I'm happy to say that since last Friday, I am down 6.3 pounds. I know that's a lot for one week and it will slow down. At that time, I will reevaluate portion sizes, content of meals, and other factors. I am needing to add in some more physical activity as well.

These quick results keep me motivated too! I really need to take some weight off because I have rheumatoid arthritis. The more weight I take off, the easier it will be to manage my RA and my joints will be happier!

Just thought I'd share with you all what is working for me! smile Thanks for reading!!

Return to Top
#2114347 - 01/17/17 01:57 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Busy - I have RA, too and it can make it more difficult to exercise. Sounds like you're doing a great job.

I'm down about 9.5 pounds in the last two months and hoping to lose about 5 more. The biggest plus to my loss is I've switched jobs - and that's a very positive thing. It's helped to keep me motivated.

Return to Top
#2114351 - 01/17/17 02:34 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I've known several people who had great results with the THM plan, Busy Bee. I thought about trying it, but I'm allergic to stevia and artificial sweeteners give me migraines...so I'm out. Good luck, though!

Return to Top
#2115100 - 01/23/17 03:16 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I re-joined Weight Watchers last week. I did it a number of years ago and was extremely successful. So far it's been fairly easy. My mom is doing it with me and so are some friends and my boss. We're all sharing food and ideas and accountability. I'm excited to get some weight off and just feel more energetic!

Return to Top
#2115449 - 01/25/17 01:56 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
MsGilmore has decided that this is the year she is going to start eating healthier, and start exercising. I come home nightly to the horrible smell of either brussel sprouts or cauliflower...happy that she is making good choices, but why can't those nasty smelling things smell like bacon?

Return to Top
#2115461 - 01/25/17 02:44 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
JWills, CRCM Online
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Yearly check up in November told me my cholesterol was high, and for the first time ever, I had to be put on medicine for it . Also, I need to lose weight, so we are hoping with the combination of the meds and losing weight, after 3 months when it is re-checked that we are moving in the right direction. Already down 10 pounds. Started eating steel cut oats, they are actually very good. I am trying to eat healthier, switching out good for bad, limit my snacks, and try to get more exercise in.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2115644 - 01/26/17 03:56 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
I too am struggling through some health issues and need to make changes. The problem is, I've been trying to do those things for at least a couple of decades. I need to figure out a different approach.

Return to Top
#2115661 - 01/26/17 05:22 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
80% of weight loss is diet, 20% is exercise...focus on what you are eating first...

Return to Top
#2115670 - 01/26/17 05:48 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
80% of weight loss is diet, 20% is exercise...focus on what you are eating first...

I can attest to that. I haven't upped my physical activity significantly but paying attention to what I'm eating lost me 6 lbs in 1 week. Now I know that's not a sustainable weight loss every week but it was surely a message that I'm on the right track!

Return to Top
#2115672 - 01/26/17 06:02 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Good for you, CompliantOkie!

Return to Top
#2115676 - 01/26/17 06:20 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) HappyGilmore
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore

This is so true and oh, how I wish it wasn't. I feel like I should be able to eat anything I want and still lose weight because I work out often and hard. But alas, I stay the same. I am thankful that I work out enough to not gain anything.

But honestly, speaking from experience, you never get to a point where you can eat whatever you want and continue to lose weight just because you're working out regularly. You may maintain but that's only if you're diligent in your workouts.

Return to Top
#2115693 - 01/26/17 07:25 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL
I agree with all of this - we did the Whole30 diet and suddenly all of my shirt collars were fitting. Not sure about how much I lost but it was substantial. And my skin got less greasy.

I didn't work out because I was too mad that I couldn't eat what I wanted. It sure taught me the difference between hunger and wanting to eat!

Return to Top
#2115708 - 01/26/17 08:15 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Have tried to eat better (mainly less) the last year and started walking about 8 miles a week in August.....at my annual check-up, i was down 18 lbs. from last year.

Return to Top
#2115713 - 01/26/17 08:27 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2115828 - 01/27/17 03:28 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I've been working out pretty hard and I am ripped, under my layer of fat. LOL

My branch is in a larger town with access to a lot of fast food and restaurants so I gained weight last year. Stress + access to bad food = tight pants. It was a wake up call when I had to buy new pants in a bigger size and I put an end to that [censored] right away. I'm back to packing my lunches and snacks and working out regularly (usually daily) to combat the stress.

Return to Top
#2115998 - 01/27/17 09:54 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Nice Raitch!! Congrats!! smile

Return to Top
#2116189 - 01/31/17 02:16 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
This girl is wearing pants a size smaller. YES!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#2116192 - 01/31/17 02:20 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
::high 5 basil::

Return to Top
#2116193 - 01/31/17 02:28 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Yay basil!!! I know you must feel fantastic.

Return to Top
#2116232 - 01/31/17 04:30 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
justsayjulie Offline
Gold Star
back home again
Interested if any of you have experience with Profile by Sanford (https://www.profileplan.net/), or know anyone who has?

Return to Top
#2116236 - 01/31/17 04:40 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Kind of wondering why they do not have fat people in the ads it seems discriminatory in a fair lending way.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2116246 - 01/31/17 05:11 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Congrats Basil, I just gave up on wearing any pants....

Return to Top
#2116289 - 01/31/17 06:20 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Good job, Basil smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett