Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2051869 - 12/01/15 06:46 PM General Accounting and Credit Admin Audit Programs
TennesseeFlash Offline
New Poster
I am looking to see what other auditors have for their scope and audit procedures for completing a General Accounting Audit and Credit Administration Audit. Feedback would be appreciated..

Return to Top
Audit
#2066765 - 03/01/16 03:09 PM Re: General Accounting and Credit Admin Audit Programs TennesseeFlash
cubies Offline
New Poster
I always refer to policy and procedures first when auditing anything. I will build my audit around what they say they are doing in the policy and procedures. I also will conduct an interview with key staff on who is doing what so I know the process. I know with our Credit Administration department they do file reviews and so I conduct a review on the file reviews they completed to test they are doing everything within policy.

Return to Top
#2066791 - 03/01/16 04:08 PM Re: General Accounting and Credit Admin Audit Programs TennesseeFlash
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
General account audit can mean a lot of things. What type of items are you considering in this audit (i.e., prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities, and others). Does you bank receive a financial statement audit each year, if you do this could impact your audit approach. Plus if you are doing a General Accounting Audit, you need to consider GAAP.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z