Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2051884 - 12/01/15 07:29 PM Grace Period Notice
MyScamper Offline
Gold Star
Between here and there
We are an IL FDIC regulated bank. Are we subject to the IDFPR grace period notice:

GRACE PERIOD NOTICE
YOUR LOAN IS MORE THAN 30 DAYS PAST DUE. YOU MAY BE EXPERIENCING FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY. IT MAY BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO SEEK APPROVED HOUSING COUNSELING. YOU HAVE A GRACE PERIOD OF 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE TO OBTAIN APPROVED HOUSING COUNSELING. DURING THE GRACE PERIOD, THE LAW PROHIBITS US FROM TAKING ANY LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU. YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO AN ADDITIONAL 30 DAY GRACE PERIOD IF YOU OBTAIN HOUSING COUNSELING FROM AN APPROVED HOUSING COUNSELING AGENCY. A LIST OF APPROVED COUNSELING AGENCIES MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION.
As a FDIC regulated bank we use the HUD notice and HUD hotline number, not the IL hot line number.

Thanks.

Return to Top
#2058037 - 01/12/16 03:46 PM Re: Grace Period Notice MyScamper
Dave M_TCA Offline
Platinum Poster
Dave M_TCA
Wherever my most benevolent em...
These are two separate notices with separate requirements. The IL notice has to have the IDFPR contact info on it. The HUD notice has to have the HUD contact info on it.

Return to Top
#2075516 - 04/25/16 05:53 PM Re: Grace Period Notice Dave M_TCA
Kevin Offline
New Poster
I agree.

Return to Top