Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2052116 - 12/02/15 08:31 PM New to us MLO
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
Already registered and has a number. We updated the NMLS with our bank's info as his employer. Is that all there is to it by SAFE Act? Our procedures have much more to do....the attestation, comparison to the HR file, how old are the prints, background check via NMLS......

I guess the bottom line is: How long does the process take to get an already registered person functional at our bank?

Return to Top
S.A.F.E. Act Forum
#2052124 - 12/02/15 08:44 PM Re: New to us MLO Cornfed Turtle
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Not considering what your bank may or may not require, i think it's pretty much as simple as changing their employer on the NMLS website to reflect their new employer.

Return to Top
#2052163 - 12/02/15 09:44 PM Re: New to us MLO Cornfed Turtle
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
If their prints are still good, it can be done very quickly. If prints are more than 3 years old, they will have to be reprinted.

Return to Top
#2052173 - 12/02/15 09:58 PM Re: New to us MLO Cornfed Turtle
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
When we had a new MLO a few years ago from the bank down the street it was pretty easy to get them switched over. At that time, we didn't need new prints because they were less than 3 years old.

Return to Top
#2052219 - 12/03/15 02:18 PM Re: New to us MLO ahkcompliance
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
All good to know. The prints with the NMLS are less than three years old, so I'm wondering what the lag is. Guy's been on staff for some time and not MLO-ing yet. Safe Officer says the bkgrd check isn't back. And like I said up above, our procedures involve a few more steps. Although, one would hope an experienced MLO could pull off filling out the attestation in a timely manner! (Sorry, Visions of late LEs in my head....)

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett