BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2051593 - 11/29/15 12:52 PM Re: How Retirement Age Affects SS benefits TMatt87
Ski Offline
Platinum Poster
South Louisiana
My "Full Retirement Age" is 66 even. So I'll start getting 100% Social Security in March 2016, but I'll have to continue working at least 30 hours/week for about two more years to get my successor fully trained.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2051620 - 11/30/15 03:26 PM Re: How Retirement Age Affects SS benefits GenerousLife
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By GenerousLife
Full retirement in 215 days, 9 hours and 37 minutes.

But who's counting, right?

Return to Top
#2051674 - 11/30/15 06:21 PM Re: How Retirement Age Affects SS benefits Elwood P. Dowd
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
Ironic that the CFPB and not the SSA has the best tool.

Return to Top
#2054723 - 12/17/15 04:53 PM Re: How Retirement Age Affects SS benefits 1 Peter 5:7
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
Senator Shelby just issued a letter to Director Cordray criticizing this CFPB tool. He points out errors between the SSA's calculator and the CFPB's. He questioned why the CFPB used its resources to create something that SSA already had.
http://www.banking.senate.gov/public/ind...8B-2F16BF8E7C57

Return to Top
#2054727 - 12/17/15 05:12 PM Re: How Retirement Age Affects SS benefits Elwood P. Dowd
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Senator Shelby needs to realize that the CFPB has an infinite budget, and the authority to do whatever it wants, as long as they put the word "consumer" somewhere. I do not believe Dodd-Frank required the CFPB to be accurate in anything they do.

Return to Top
#2054732 - 12/17/15 05:32 PM Re: How Retirement Age Affects SS benefits Elwood P. Dowd
Sherlocked Offline
221B Baker St.
Well, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Only 2 1/2 years left for me!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#2054760 - 12/17/15 06:39 PM Re: How Retirement Age Affects SS benefits Sherlocked
Starchild Offline
New Poster
Central PA
Only four months and two weeks until early retirement for me! I'm getting out while I'm still sane.

Return to Top
#2055142 - 12/21/15 04:06 PM Re: How Retirement Age Affects SS benefits Starchild
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
From the CFPB web site linked above:

Create a my Social Security account to review your expected benefits based on your actual Social Security record. You will also find additional information about your eligibility and other benefits including disability and survivor benefits.

The CFPB web site doesn't claim to generate the actual numbers because it doesn't have the data to drive them. So an allegation of "inaccuracy" should generate a "Really?" response. It also refers users back to the SSA website where, if they want to set up an account, they can get the actual numbers.

Was setting up the website really CFPB's job? Dunno, Personally, I think the nation would be better off if their employees were out next to the highway picking up trash.

For those calculating your time to "full benefit age" in years or even Mondays, expect that Congress will make the full retirement age a moving target; as life expectancies get longer the "full retirement claiming age" will rise. frown The other "trick" at Congress' disposal is to change the taxability of the benefits paid to imply (not legislate) that the benefit is more "needs based" than was ever intended.

Return to Top
#2055391 - 12/22/15 08:17 PM Re: How Retirement Age Affects SS benefits Elwood P. Dowd
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Those are the only tools left to make it sustainable Pegasus.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2