Thread Options Tools
#205941 - 06/30/04 01:24 PM Loan rate boards
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is anyone still advertising their loan rates in branch lobbies? If so, how do you address the disclosure requirements?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#205942 - 06/30/04 03:21 PM Re: Loan rate boards
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm looking for rate boards that might offer space for all the necessary disclosures and can't find anything. We might be forced to remove them from our lobbies.

Return to Top
#205943 - 06/30/04 03:42 PM Re: Loan rate boards
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
We took down loan rate boards years ago. It was easier to produce XL sheets with the disclosures and to provide them.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#205944 - 06/30/04 03:47 PM Re: Loan rate boards
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sometimes rate boards have a pocket for take-one brochures/flyers. Theoretically, you provide the loan disclosures (because maybe you've used a triggering term on the board itself) on a separate take one brochure/flyer. It could also be a margeting piece describing your different loan products. Samples of what it could look like are on the major banks web sites (ie., Wells Fargo...go to their mortgage page).

We use a separate take-one flyer for our Deposit Rate boards (with all the Reg. DD disclosures). It works well from a compliance standpoint, but also a marketing piece. However, the full DD disclosures generate from the deposit platform.

Good luck.

Return to Top