Thread Options
#2057774 - 01/11/16 04:12 PM A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Go. Innocent, Guilty?

Any chance of exoneration?

I won't be making any road-trips through Wisconsin anytime soon.

CRCM

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2057776 - 01/11/16 04:17 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
District attorney claims a lot was left out of the show (I did not see the show so no comment) and a lot was simply fabricated.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2057777 - 01/11/16 04:20 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I am only half way through the series, but I can tell you that the nephew's confession was totally coerced by law enforcement - that kid has no idea of what really happened. He told the police what they wanted to hear because he wanted them to stop questioning him and he thought he was going to get home. The fact that they questioned this learning disabled minor without his parents or without an opportunity to consult an attorney is deeply disturbing. It was heartbreaking to read his letter to the judge ("I wanted to write before but I didn't have a pencil"). His defense attorney was a snake.

The ex-boyfriend is somehow involved in the whole thing, his testimony was painful to watch because he is so full of..... I also don't trust the brother.

The prosecutors and law enforcement involved in this are so sleazy it is not that far of a stretch to believe that they planted evidence.

We can only watch one episode at a time because it is kind of emotionally draining to watch and to see how many injustices there are.

Return to Top
#2057788 - 01/11/16 04:34 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer edAudit
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By edAudit
District attorney claims a lot was left out of the show (I did not see the show so no comment) and a lot was simply fabricated.

have not seen either, no plans to do so...

here in Louisiana, the incarceration capital of the United States, we have had more than one person wrongfully convicted where DNA evidence shows they are not guilty and DAs have actually fought to throw out the DNA evidence because "it is too long after trial to include." The Innocence Project has had an office here for quite some time, and in fact is talking about closing it. Pretty sad that a DA would choose to ignore scientific evidence in order to keep people in jail, but then it does impact their conviction rate, and opens the state to litigation for wrongfully incarceration.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/new...lse-convictions
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 01/11/16 04:36 PM.

Return to Top
#2057790 - 01/11/16 04:40 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
I'm well aware of the picture a cleverly put together documentary can paint. I always watch them with a bit of skepticism.

I'm sure there were parts of the prosecution that were left out, but I don't see how the addition of information could sway my opinion that evidence was planted or that Brendon's involvement in it's entirety was bologna.

The entire thing sends chills through you to think that people are actually setup and thrown away in prison.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2057797 - 01/11/16 04:59 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I've had the privilege of attending training sessions with D. Glenn Foster who is the father of the kinesic interview technique. The man is a human lie detector and I would love to hear his opinion about the players in this series.

Return to Top
#2058501 - 01/13/16 10:12 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Naise Offline
Don't know if anyone is a Radio Lab fan but they had an episode from the perspective of the woman that was assaulted (titled "Are you sure?") I think it was broadcasted a few years ago but the podcast is free on their site.

Return to Top
#2058540 - 01/14/16 03:31 AM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
I don't know if Steven Avery is innocent or not but there is a big shadow of doubt.

Return to Top
#2058600 - 01/14/16 03:07 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
I realize the documentary was likely written with a slant, but the fact that they found 0 blood (other than the little that is mentioned) is crazy. And ol' Avery isn't the brightest apple on the tree. The notion that he could clean and sanitize the entire scene is a bit far-fetched.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2058610 - 01/14/16 03:39 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2059465 - 01/20/16 03:56 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Bbgreen Offline
Texas
I am about half way through the episodes and I am torn. First I know they only show you want they want you to see. But on what I have seen it seems very likely that the evidence was planted. On one of the episodes I watched last night 2 days before the car was found one of the officer's originally out to get Steve called in the license plate number to dispatch, how would he know the number and why would he call it in, if he was not looking at the car then. Second the blood evidence that was sealed up had the seal broken and a pin whole in the top of the vile. Third, when the aunt and daughter went to the junk yard to look at all of the vehicles (which it was a junk yard with probably 1000 plus cars) they got there about 9:50 and found her car at like 10:15 they just so happened to walk straight up to it with a camera that one of the investigators gave them and only them out of the whole search party. As well as many other things these right here just put doubt in my mind. Also the crime lab that washed the bullet did not follow protocol, and as well as once again the first officer out to get him was the one that found the key plainly in the bedroom after days of other investigators searching the house. Like I said I am only half way into it, but so far... everything looks very planted. Very addicting show!

Return to Top
#2059469 - 01/20/16 04:00 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer thomasj
Bbgreen Offline
Texas
It is scary with so much doubt in a case that somebody can be put away!

Return to Top
#2059504 - 01/20/16 05:02 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
This show amazed me they found so many sub normal IQ people involved in one event in one geographical area.

The accountant at the bank noted there must not be a very wide blood pool to choose from when finding a mate up there.

Return to Top
#2059529 - 01/20/16 05:41 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
The depth of the blood pool doesn't flow much wider just outside of your county of residence either.. that is not just an up north problem.

Return to Top
#2059533 - 01/20/16 05:51 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
Stupid people are everywhere.

Return to Top
#2059537 - 01/20/16 05:59 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I think the most disturbing thing for me after watching 9 episodes is that Brendan Dassey was completely victimized by ruthless investigators, prosecutors, and even at times by his defense attorney. That kid did not have any part in this crime, he was trying to guess at what investigators wanted him to say so that he could go home. They hand fed him a confession and all the details that went with it. His DNA was nowhere to be found and he was basically convicted on a coerced confession.

I think that poor woman was likely murdered on the Avery property, but I don't believe it was by Steven. I think that one of his brothers or Bobby Dassey and his step father likely had a hand in it. The brothers had motivation to want Steve out of the picture and there was animosity between them. Bobby Dassey and his step father provided each other's alibi which could not be corroborated by anyone else. There is absolutely no way that a rape, murder, and dismemberment can occur with no DNA evidence being left behind.

I think it's horrible that the investigators were so focused on one suspect and virtually ruled out every other possibility. I also can not believe that ANYONE from the county sheriff's office that he was suing was allowed within 10 miles of that crime scene.

Return to Top
#2059545 - 01/20/16 06:15 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
I believe Brendan Dassey was not involved in the murder. LE used him to convict Steven Avery.

Return to Top
#2059553 - 01/20/16 06:32 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer thomasj
Bbgreen Offline
Texas
Originally Posted By thomasj
I think the most disturbing thing for me after watching 9 episodes is that Brendan Dassey was completely victimized by ruthless investigators, prosecutors, and even at times by his defense attorney. That kid did not have any part in this crime, he was trying to guess at what investigators wanted him to say so that he could go home. They hand fed him a confession and all the details that went with it. His DNA was nowhere to be found and he was basically convicted on a coerced confession.

I think that poor woman was likely murdered on the Avery property, but I don't believe it was by Steven. I think that one of his brothers or Bobby Dassey and his step father likely had a hand in it. The brothers had motivation to want Steve out of the picture and there was animosity between them. Bobby Dassey and his step father provided each other's alibi which could not be corroborated by anyone else. There is absolutely no way that a rape, murder, and dismemberment can occur with no DNA evidence being left behind.

I think it's horrible that the investigators were so focused on one suspect and virtually ruled out every other possibility. I also can not believe that ANYONE from the county sheriff's office that he was suing was allowed within 10 miles of that crime scene.

Completely agree!

Return to Top
#2059581 - 01/20/16 07:37 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Mysterious how we don't have any Wisconsin Bankers chiming in on this... I think not!

smirk

CRCM

Return to Top
#2059607 - 01/20/16 08:34 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
Originally Posted By Norman Paperman
Mysterious how we don't have any Wisconsin Bankers chiming in on this... I think not!

smirk

They are still drowning their woes after the Packers lost Saturday night. smirk

Return to Top
#2059614 - 01/20/16 09:23 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
At least we played this weekend. smirk

Return to Top
#2059622 - 01/20/16 09:46 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Purple Pride
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Originally Posted By Purple Pride
Originally Posted By Norman Paperman

smirk

They are still drowning their woes after the Packers lost Saturday night. smirk

This will keep us knocked out for a few months I would expect. Pass another Reds please

Return to Top
#2059710 - 01/21/16 03:07 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer #Just Jay
BowlingQueen Offline
Power Poster
Wisconsin
Originally Posted By #Just Jay
At least we played this weekend. smirk

:like: button

Return to Top
#2059748 - 01/21/16 04:29 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Norman Paperman
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
iHeartRadio has a 10 part podcast that rebuts the documentary. Has anyone listened to it?

Return to Top
#2059766 - 01/21/16 04:53 PM Re: A Netflix Original Review: Making a Murderer Dazed Auditor
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
Originally Posted By Dazed Auditor
iHeartRadio has a 10 part podcast that rebuts the documentary. Has anyone listened to it?

I was just going to mention this. Googled it so I would have the reference, no joke. Dan O'Donnell is a recovering lawyer who worked for WTMJ radio during the trial and followed it all the way through. I have not watched the Netflix series nor listened to the podcast. I am probably not intelligent enough or far to inbred to understand any of it considering I am from that area. Isn't that right Wolfy? Or perhaps I am just one of those lucky fellers who's family tree forks just enough??

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2