Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2059474 - 01/20/16 04:07 PM Title company fees incorrect- change circumstance
Dodge Offline
Gold Star
We sent a title fee quote request to a title company, and on our request form we gave them all the information they needed to give us a accurate quote (two properties securing one loan). We received the quote of fees and disclosed those fees on our loan estimate. The title company notified us yesterday to inform us that they forgot to disclose the fees for the second property. Once we add the new fees in, we are over our 10% tolerance.

Is this a valid change circumstance? I'm thinking that "title company misquoted" is not a valid circumstance, but I wanted to make sure.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2059485 - 01/20/16 04:30 PM Re: Title company fees incorrect- change circumstance Dodge
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
"Title company misquoted" ought to be grounds for some heavy negotiation with the title company to absorb some of their error, or risk losing ALL of your business going forward (I hope it's not the only show in town).
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2059487 - 01/20/16 04:33 PM Re: Title company fees incorrect- change circumstance Dodge
Dodge Offline
Gold Star
It is the only show in town...

Return to Top
#2059489 - 01/20/16 04:40 PM Re: Title company fees incorrect- change circumstance Dodge
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
You had the information you needed (that two properties are involved) when the LE was issued, so I don't see any argument for a changed circumstance here. It's an error, plain and simple, and, unless the borrower fails to provide intent to proceed until after the expiration date and time of the LE (ten business days unless you gave a later date on the LE), you're stuck with a 10% tolerance limit.

I think you have grounds for trying to have the title company share some of this burden.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2060049 - 01/22/16 06:50 PM Re: Title company fees incorrect- change circumstance Dodge
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
title companies... there always seem to be changes.

best of luck!

Return to Top