Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2060176 - 01/22/16 10:27 PM Savings Statements Item Images!
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
Does anyone know if we are legally required to include the images with our statements that we send out?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2060179 - 01/22/16 10:33 PM Re: Savings Statements Item Images! Happy Drugs
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
My prior bank did not. We sold it to them as being more secure. For the most part it worked, but some people requested to have images included and we would turn it on for those people.

Return to Top
#2060187 - 01/22/16 10:55 PM Re: Savings Statements Item Images! Happy Drugs
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Answer is no.

Return to Top
#2060188 - 01/22/16 11:10 PM Re: Savings Statements Item Images! Happy Drugs
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
this thread my help as well:

https://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1117653/Customer_notice_to_turn_off_ch

Note the comment from John Burnett with reference to some state laws.

Return to Top
#2060198 - 01/23/16 01:42 PM Re: Savings Statements Item Images! Doug Hendrickson
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The relevant section of the Texas UCC governing checks is unique:

Sec. 4.406. CUSTOMER'S DUTY TO DISCOVER AND REPORT UNAUTHORIZED SIGNATURE OR ALTERATION. (a) A bank that sends or makes available to a customer a statement of account showing payment of items for the account shall either return or make available to the customer the items paid or provide information in the statement of account sufficient to allow the customer reasonably to identify the items paid. The statement of account provides sufficient information if the item is described by item number, amount, and date of payment. If the bank does not return the items, it shall provide in the statement of account the telephone number that the customer may call to request an item or a legible copy of the items pursuant to Subsection (b).

(b) If the items are not returned to the customer, the person retaining the items shall either retain the items or, if the items are destroyed, maintain the capacity to furnish legible copies of the items until the expiration of seven years after receipt of the items. A customer may request an item from the bank that paid the item, and that bank must provide in a reasonable time either the item or, if the item has been destroyed or is not otherwise obtainable, a legible copy of the item. A bank shall provide, on request and without charge to the customer, at least two items or a legible copy of the items with respect to each statement of account sent to the customer.
Emphasis supplied.

Yet, the subject line confuses me. Savings accounts, other than MMDA's, would not normally be debited by anything that would have an "image."

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett