Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2060418 - 01/25/16 09:54 PM CRA Civic Involvement Form
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
[i]In the past years, I have sent a CRA Civic Involvement form to all staff for them to voluntarily list all community activities that may use knowledge from the bank. For example, on the Board of the local soup kitchen's finance committee.

The form asks the name of the organization, dates involved, position held and website if applicable.

The examiners suggested there was a better way to collect this information on the form but we did not get together to have him make suggestions. We had our CRA examination this past year.

Does anyone have a form they use or want to share how they collect this information?

Return to Top
CRA
#2060428 - 01/25/16 10:04 PM Re: CRA Civic Involvement Form Lele
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Civic Involvement is too broad a request. My bank would get so many memberships on the PTA, or booster clubs for cheerleaders, future farmers of America - that sort of involvement, the kind that does not meet the definition of community development.

An addition to your form to provide better info to the examiners might be a question to the staff asking them to explain why this activity meets the definition of community development under the CRA. Or what info is being relied upon to make the determination that the activity is CRA eligible as a community service.

Return to Top
#2060429 - 01/25/16 10:10 PM Re: CRA Civic Involvement Form Lele
Care4RCommunity Offline
100 Club
Care4RCommunity
NJ
I will be conducting CRA training in March this year to review the CRA with a particular emphasis on Community Development. As they refresh their understanding of community development I have my forms on hand for them to complete. The form includes a space for them to explain the mission of the organization, and their role in terms of how they use their financial expertise etc. Still not a perfect system, but I think it will help.

Return to Top
#2060444 - 01/26/16 02:10 AM Re: CRA Civic Involvement Form Lele
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
And don't forget...the employee needs to be representing the bank with the organization. Banks have had employee services eliminated because they employee just happened to participate in something on their own. See the FAQs.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2060627 - 01/26/16 08:24 PM Re: CRA Civic Involvement Form Lele
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
At our last exam our examiner suggested using Survey Monkey to accumulate the information. I looked at Survey Monkey briefly, however the Basic (free) plan limits the user to 10 questions. My survey had more than 10 questions, however we did not have the funds to upgrade to the Premium plan. Additionally, the Basic plan restricts the number of responses.

I would be happy to share the fillable form that we use. Just PM me.

Return to Top
#2060634 - 01/26/16 08:46 PM Re: CRA Civic Involvement Form Lele
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I also have a fillable Excel form I use that identifies CRA activities. PM me email address if you'd like a copy.

Return to Top
#2060683 - 01/27/16 12:56 AM Re: CRA Civic Involvement Form Lele
Moman Offline
Platinum Poster
WA
The Fed will be having an Outlook Live webinar on February 18 that may address some of your questions. Here are the bullet points from their e-flier.
• CRA Evaluation Methods
• Overview of Community Development
• Geographic Requirements for Community Development
• Qualifying Community Development Activities
• CRA Best Practices

Return to Top
#2060689 - 01/27/16 02:20 AM Re: CRA Civic Involvement Form Lele
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
This survey software doees not limit questions in free version.

http://www.typeform.com/pricing/
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2060766 - 01/27/16 04:56 PM Re: CRA Civic Involvement Form CompliantOkie
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
Thank you!

Return to Top