Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2060952 - 01/28/16 04:08 PM Lender ID number
KMenard Offline
We currently have a Lender ID number for the loans we keep in-house and a different Lender ID number for the loans that we sell in the secondary market, we do not make the credit decision on the secondary market loans. Our software system is putting the Lender ID number for the secondary market loans on all our flood determinations, is this a problem and should we have the determinations re-issued with the Lender ID number for in-house loans or does it matter since both numbers belong to the same bank?

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#2060966 - 01/28/16 04:31 PM Re: Lender ID number KMenard
CountryBanker Offline
Gold Star
Northern IL
The different Lender IDs shouldn't be a problem, kmenard. We ended up with 2 different IDs from the same vendor for months after a 2011 merger, and the vendor was willing to work with us to make sure the descriptive text associated with each ID was what we wanted it to be. Now we're merging again, and get to go through the process one more time.

Also no audit feedback regarding the numbers, as long as we had the flood determination pulled (and signed when necessary).

Return to Top
#2060982 - 01/28/16 04:58 PM Re: Lender ID number KMenard
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Your lender ID is your FDIC Insurance Certificate Number.

How can you have two, one for portfolio loans and one for secondary market loans???

Return to Top
#2061110 - 01/28/16 10:27 PM Re: Lender ID number KMenard
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I've never heard of that either. You have 1 FDIC Cert Number.

Return to Top
#2061226 - 01/29/16 03:52 PM Re: Lender ID number KMenard
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
We have ID numbers that are different from our FDIC number for each of the secondary market investors we sell to (Freddie & FHLB). The financial institution's FDIC number is the one that should be appearing on the flood certification form.
Last edited by Dan Persfull; 01/29/16 08:11 PM.

Return to Top
#2061273 - 01/29/16 05:48 PM Re: Lender ID number KMenard
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
So you list the FDIC Cert # of the proposed secondary market investor? What if the loan isn't sold to them? This is from the instructions to completing the SFHDF:

Lender ID. No.: The lender funding the loan should identify itself as follows: FDIC-insured lenders should indicate their FDIC Insurance Certificate Number (CALL Report Number); Federally-insured credit unions should indicate their charger/insurance number; Farm Credit institutions should indicate their UNINUM number. Other lenders who fund loans sold to or securitized by FNMA or FHLMC should enter the FNMA or FHLMC seller/service number.

Return to Top
#2061277 - 01/29/16 06:05 PM Re: Lender ID number KMenard
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I didn't read that is what Dan said. I think he said, yes we have other Lender IDs with investors, but you don't use that ID when it comes to completing the SFHDF, you use your FDIC Cert. #.

Return to Top
#2061291 - 01/29/16 06:52 PM Re: Lender ID number KMenard
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I agree Randy. That's why I cut/pasted the instructions and bolded the wording. The SFHDF must be prepared for the funding institution. Therefore, it should have that ID on it.

Return to Top
#2061333 - 01/29/16 08:13 PM Re: Lender ID number KMenard
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I edited my post adding the wording financial institution's to help make my statement clearer.

Return to Top
#2061505 - 02/01/16 04:59 PM Re: Lender ID number KMenard
KMenard Offline
Thank for the information. Portfolio loans have always been correct but it appears the loans that have been sold were incorrect.

Return to Top