BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#2062819 - 02/05/16 08:01 PM HMDA Submission
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
OK, I'm experiencing the same issue that some of you experienced last year.

I submitted by data via the Internet on 1/26/16. As of today I have heard nothing from the submission and have not received any reply to 2 emails sent to HMDA Help.

If you are one of those that experienced this problem last year what did you have to do to get your data?

I'm thinking if I don't hear anything my Tuesday the 9th that I'm going to do a "resubmission" via email instead of the Internet.

Thanks.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2062823 - 02/05/16 08:10 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
Adam F Offline
Gold Star
Adam F
VA
I actually didn't have any issues this year, but had some major issues last year. I think I ended up have to resubmit my data last year.

This year I submitted our HMDA data by email on Wednesday around 12:30, received my edit list before 12:40 and actually just received my final confirmation letter a couple minutes ago.

When the edit list was emailed to me that fast I almost fell out of my chair.
Last edited by NSF; 02/05/16 08:11 PM.

The answers I give are my opinions. Not legal advice.

Return to Top
#2062844 - 02/05/16 08:46 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Thanks. If I don't hear anything my noon on Tuesday I will do a resubmission via email.

Return to Top
#2062846 - 02/05/16 08:49 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I hope to have mine submitted late next week. I'm basically ready, but too afraid to pull the trigger. I know as soon as I do one of our lenders will 'find' a file in their drawer from last year. It's happened before.

Return to Top
#2062849 - 02/05/16 08:55 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
You read my mind Skittles....that's where i'm at too (even though i've sent 2 emails about those stray files). I made a note awhile ago to file mine on Monday....we'll see.

Return to Top
#2062856 - 02/05/16 09:02 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Well, since you guys are done, come over here and help me! I'm stuck in HMDA H.........

Return to Top
#2062862 - 02/05/16 09:11 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I just can't figure out how/why i am going to 'scrub' my LAR, when i was the only one who input anything in to it....so i'm pretty much always ready as soon as i'm confident there won't be straggler files.

Return to Top
#2062876 - 02/05/16 09:31 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I'm waiting for one straggler denied file (that I know about), and am checking the booked loans report every few days for anything that may have been left late. If nothing else turns up I'll probably submit late next week.

Return to Top
#2062877 - 02/05/16 09:31 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm the only one that adds to the HMDA LAR; however I make errors. Someone from Loan Operations sends me sheets to input for loans originated - and I prepare the sheets for the non-originated. We both make mistakes so I scrub. Hey - maybe that's why I don't like cleaning my house - I do so much cleaning up here. Aha!

Return to Top
#2063320 - 02/09/16 06:44 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Skittles, would you mind telling me (since it sounds like our process is similar) exactly what your scrub entails? I'm always left with the idea, that if i do 'scrub' my LAR, that the only thing i would be doing is exactly what i did the first time i entered the information onto my DES: reviewing line-by-line for each covered application to see that i entered it right the first time.......and that's not a strongsuit of mine (re-doing what i've already done)....just want to make sure i'm not missing something or if maybe there's an easier process i'm not aware of. Thanks.

(I submitted yesterday and i guess i hoped i would have NSF's experience and get a quick response back to my edit response....but nothing so far.)

Return to Top
#2063342 - 02/09/16 07:42 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
As you may recall, I use pivot tables, raitchjay. That way you can compare item by item. Then things like no coborrower but CB marked white jump out at you. And on a pivot table, they tell you which file so you don't have to go digging line by line to find the right number.

Return to Top
#2063343 - 02/09/16 07:49 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Hmmm...i would have thought (your example) would trigger a validity edit error? How does one get their hands on these pivot tables?
Last edited by raitchjay; 02/09/16 07:51 PM.

Return to Top
#2063346 - 02/09/16 07:57 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I'm a one-woman show, too, but I scrub mine 3 or 4 times over before hitting submit. I've spent too many years finding keystroke errors, corrections that didn't save the first (or third) time, and other general mayhem to trust a one-and-done submission.

Return to Top
#2063348 - 02/09/16 07:59 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I guess i need a more specific definition of "scrub". What's your process Becca....you use pivot tables too....or do you just grab a file and start checking it line-by-line to see if it has errors in it?

Return to Top
#2063350 - 02/09/16 08:10 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
Peo Offline
New Poster
Dan,
I had this issue last year and none of my follow up emails got a response. I resubmitted and got nothing. Then out of the blue I got a confirmation 29 days after I originally submitted the response. Later that day I got another email from them stating that they had reviewed and accepted the file and effective dated it to the date on the signed confirmation sheet. I hope this helps.

Return to Top
#2063357 - 02/09/16 08:31 PM Re: HMDA Submission raitchjay
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By raitchjay
I guess i need a more specific definition of "scrub". What's your process Becca....you use pivot tables too....or do you just grab a file and start checking it line-by-line to see if it has errors in it?

Nope, no pivot tables here - I'm not quite that good in Excel and don't feel like it would be thorough enough for my liking (I'm also not looking at anywhere near the volume of data TR is, though!).

My process? In a nutshell, I print the LAR out month by month and match every single piece of data on it back to the source documents in the imaged loan files. There's more to it than that and it happens in several steps, but that's the end result. We've only got 400-ish lines, so it's doable if I stay on top of it and don't wait until the end of Feb to start. wink

Return to Top
#2063366 - 02/09/16 08:49 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Ok...thanks. Yes, it's that process that i don't want to 're-do'....i did exactly that when i entered it. I just try to be careful when entering it so that those keystroke errors don't happen. Now if i WASN'T the person actually entering it into the DES and it was just getting pulled over electronically from our LOS? Yes, i would absolutely do that.

Return to Top
#2063370 - 02/09/16 08:57 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I check it when I pull it over every month, check it again quarterly to make any corrections I had to send back to loan staff, then check it at least one more time before submission to make sure all of my earlier corrections/changes stuck. You'd be surprised how many tiny errors I find on each pass, and I don't quit scrubbing until I quit finding errors (granted, the last couple might be spot checks just to make sure corrections saved).

Return to Top
#2063373 - 02/09/16 09:04 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I see....sounds like more people than just you though have their fingers on the LAR; only mine are here. Thanks though.....that's the kind of information i was looking for.

Return to Top
#2063381 - 02/09/16 09:19 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
(I submitted yesterday and i guess i hoped i would have NSF's experience and get a quick response back to my edit response....but nothing so far.)

I resubmitted via email at 2:19 PM yesterday afternoon and I still have not heard anything from my previous Web submissions or yesterday's email submission.

Return to Top
#2063391 - 02/09/16 09:34 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Mine will go by the 22nd. Just a few last minute checks. Hope you get your response back soon Dan.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2063393 - 02/09/16 09:36 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By Dan Persfull

I resubmitted via email at 2:19 PM yesterday afternoon and I still have not heard anything from my previous Web submissions or yesterday's email submission.

Dan, did you even get the initial response back (the 'respond to the quality edits" one)? I got that one...i just haven't gotten any response back AFTER i sent that response back.

Return to Top
#2063394 - 02/09/16 09:36 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I'm planning to submit some time next week. I was hoping the process wouldn't be too bogged down by then, but it sounds like that may already be the case. frown

Return to Top
#2063395 - 02/09/16 09:43 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Raitchjay, I have not heard one word from my submissions, emails (other than the canned replies) or phone call.

Return to Top
#2063396 - 02/09/16 09:45 PM Re: HMDA Submission Dan Persfull
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Wow Dan....that's no fun.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM