Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2063316 - 02/09/16 06:38 PM Branch Acquisition - New Customers?
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
Not sure if this is state specific, but I couldn't locate any guidance in either the FDIC or the MA DOB websites: When a branch, and related customers, of one bank are acquired by another bank, what is the correct "customer established date" for the acquired customers in relation to the purchasing bank? Does it remain the date the customers were originally established at the selling bank, or does it become the date the branch/relationships were purchased by the buying bank?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2063324 - 02/09/16 06:49 PM Re: Branch Acquisition - New Customers? Cape Codder
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I think it depends on what the information is used for. If it has anything to do with the customer's track record, it should reflect the date the account was opened in the acquired bank.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2063368 - 02/09/16 08:53 PM Re: Branch Acquisition - New Customers? John Burnett
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
Thanks, John. Appreciate the prompt response.

Return to Top
#2063535 - 02/10/16 05:20 PM Re: Branch Acquisition - New Customers? Cape Codder
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Much like any acquired employees of the branch would retain their service years, acquired customers should as well. That's not to say you may want to verify a percentage against your CIP process to ensure files are up to snuff, but I go with date established.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett