Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2064511 - 02/16/16 08:27 PM HMDA Action Closed Incomplete
MSB05MS Offline
I am scrubbing and reviewing an application that had an incomplete letter issued within 30 days of application. The letter says that if the required items are not provided by 1/29/15, the file will be given no further consideration to the loan request. The file was closed incomplete as of 2/24/15. Is this acceptable to wait so long after the specified date to close the file incomplete or should it have been done sooner? Our standard practice is to close the file the next working day after the drop date specified. Help please.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2064515 - 02/16/16 08:43 PM Re: HMDA Action Closed Incomplete MSB05MS
SnuffytheSeal Offline
Gold Star
State of Confusion
We usually give them 10 days not 30 then incomplete the loan on the 11th day.

Return to Top
#2064517 - 02/16/16 08:50 PM Re: HMDA Action Closed Incomplete MSB05MS
MSB05MS Offline
Are you saying you close incomplete 10 days after the date specified, or you give them 10 days in the letter of incomplete? I am concerned with the time lapse after the date specified not being sooner, since we normally close incomplete the following working day after our drop date specified in the letters. From what I read in HMDA GIR, it just says if the applicant does not respond within the period of time specified in the notice.

Return to Top
#2064538 - 02/16/16 09:43 PM Re: HMDA Action Closed Incomplete MSB05MS
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
For applications (including preapproval requests) that did not result in an origination, enter the date when the final action was taken (e.g., the application was denied or the file was closed for incompleteness) or when the notice of the action was sent to the applicant..

If your policy is to close one day after the expiration then your loan officer owes you an explanation why it took them 30 days after the expiration to close the file.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM