Thread Options
#2065137 - 02/19/16 09:44 PM Define Contents - Flood Insurance Coverage
LAK Offline
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 43
Regarding "Contents" coverage. How does one define? It is referred to as "any contents or personal property".
We are taking the building as collateral, if we add a UCC filing which includes all contents such as furnishings or inventory would this be enough to require on contents coverage? If we file a UCC on fixtures only I can see that it would apply.

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#2065179 - 02/20/16 02:56 PM Re: Define Contents - Flood Insurance Coverage LAK
rlcarey Online
10K Club
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 78,958
Galveston, TX
Yes, that is enough to trigger content coverage under flood.

Contents coverage includes:
•Clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment
•Portable and window air conditioners
•Portable microwaves and dishwashers
•Carpeting that is not already included in property coverage
•Clothing washers and dryers
The opinions expressed here should not be construed to be those of my employer:

Return to Top