Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Thread Options
#2090828 - 08/01/16 02:43 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) MScarn6942
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By WSB Compliance
Isn't there one where it's like a sit on top thing for your desk that raises and lowers? It's way cheaper than a standing desk if I remember right!

Yes, this is what I want to add to the top of my current desk. That way I have a choice.

This morning, after an 8 mile run, I'm ok with sitting!

Return to Top
#2091230 - 08/03/16 01:39 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
injured my hand last week playing soccer so I haven't been able to ride my bike since last Tuesday...although I still maintain my 3-day a week soccer routine...strangely, with this week off from riding, and not changing my intake of food, I have lost 3 pounds...maybe rest periods do serve a purpose...

Return to Top
#2092836 - 08/11/16 08:20 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.

Return to Top
#2092841 - 08/11/16 08:27 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
wish I would have seen this before I ate that entire bag of Cheetos puffs...oh well, there is always tomorrow...simply because I would have stood the entire time I was eating them
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 08/11/16 08:28 PM.

Return to Top
#2093156 - 08/15/16 12:49 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
I just wrote this down on a sticky note and will attempt to do each one every day... except for hang. Not sure how I could do this one here.... but in it's place will at least stretch my arms.

Return to Top
#2094221 - 08/19/16 02:45 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.

Return to Top
#2094226 - 08/19/16 02:52 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I sat while I watched that, she's kind of hot

Return to Top
#2094563 - 08/22/16 06:26 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Just went to my tailor to get my pants let out, then stopped and grabbed a cheeseburger for lunch.

I'm only marginally ashamed of myself.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2094569 - 08/22/16 06:31 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
You can always claim that you were held up at gunpoint with three of your buddies and forced to eat the cheeseburger.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2094968 - 08/24/16 03:34 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
I am not a fan of diets and the like, I'm a fan of getting off your rear end, eating real food and cutting out the junk. That said I have a tremendous weakness for cookies and beer. A coworker is raving about Whole 30 and how the first week was really really hard but she's now on week two and loving it. Has anyone tried it? I'm not 100% sure I could do it, especially with no grains and attempting to run, but it did pique my curiosity.

Return to Top
#2094975 - 08/24/16 04:11 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Whole 30; if it is 30 whole bottles of beer a day and whole 30 cookies I am in.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2095000 - 08/24/16 04:53 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL
My wife and I did a Whole 30 earlier this year. I had full blown withdrawals from the lack of sugar - to the point where she thought about taking me in to see a doctor. Towards the end, every one of my shirts started to fit better - I could button the top button on all of them instead of most of them. I didn't actually measure, but I probably went from 235 lbs to 228 lbs or so.

The day it was over, I ate a bowl of frosted flakes and a whole pizza. It didn't make me sick at all - but that might be a function of being 23 smile

It was very hard, especially because I don't like most veggies so I ate a lot of potatoes and eggs. Just the two of us went through 7 dozen eggs in 10 days.

All that said, I kind of wish I had stuck with it. I felt better, my skin was less greasy, and I found my love for cajun seasoning (which is Whole 30 approved!). Definitely worth trying - what's 30 days, anyway?

Return to Top
#2095004 - 08/24/16 05:06 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
I think that any diet that completely excludes an entire section of the food pyramid (or whatever shape it is these days) is unhealthy. As with most things in life, moderation is the key.

Return to Top
#2095013 - 08/24/16 05:39 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
^^^I completely agree. I honestly don't think I could do it with some 14 and 16 mile long runs coming up.

Return to Top
#2095038 - 08/24/16 06:22 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
RR Jen (or other idistance runners), what do you use for fuel during your long runs? I'm under a month from a half marathon, and ran 13.5 on Sunday. I've eaten bloks and jelly beans, and once during a half they were passing out Gu, but it was disgusting. I've tried raisins and M&M's too. Honestly, I don't know if any of it works.

Return to Top
#2095047 - 08/24/16 06:41 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
I looked into Whole 30, since the doc has asked me not to eat rice, corn and dairy... I'm already halfway there! But, it seemed way too restrictive. Although I did like one line in their instructions where it said 'don't try to find replacement recipes for the things you are giving up'. For example cauliflower pizza crust. If you're giving it up, give it up.

Return to Top
#2095049 - 08/24/16 06:50 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
Peepers Offline
10K Club
or never start down the cauliflower pizza crust road

Return to Top
#2095052 - 08/24/16 06:57 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
MBH - I have a number of different gel packs I like - I like the strawberry banana Powerbar Gels...I also like something called Hammer Gel (I don't even know if it has a flavor)...local honey is also something I use.

on long bike rides, I usually eat one of about every 15 miles for the first 50 miles, then every 10 miles for distances after that. honestly, for a half marathon, you shouldn't need any mid-race fuel, other than water for hydration and cooling.

Return to Top
#2095087 - 08/24/16 07:47 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
"you shouldn't need any mid-race fuel,"

Yes, I'm starting to think the articles I've read about fueling are paid for the companies that sell that stuff. I should be able to go two hours without eating.

Return to Top
#2095091 - 08/24/16 07:53 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
fueling starts well before the race...the proper amounts of carbs and protein...eat pasta for dinner 2 nights before the race, and maybe even lunch the day before...a good breakfast with some protein the morning of, like eggs and wheat toast, or my favorite pre-ride breakfast of peanut butter and bacon sandwich...

now, I've read about some training programs where you get up and immediately go work out, not even a sip of water before starting...the thought being your body is in a depleted energy state (there is some glycemic related name that escapes me) and by doing this you are training it to burn fat more quickly and efficiently to convert it to energy...no idea if it truly works.

Return to Top
#2095097 - 08/24/16 08:15 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735

CRCM

Return to Top
#2095126 - 08/24/16 09:32 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
I like one Gu or Huma gel halfway through a half marathon. I think it helps keep me going. I've tried two in a half, but it's too much for my belly. On long runs over two hours I try one gel every hour...but for training runs usually don't do that much. Maybe one at the half way point.

I like the Huma gels better, more natural than Gu, but not great warm. I like them best in cold weather. I have friends that do chews and even gummy bears. I have a hard time running, chewing, swallowing, and breathing. smile

Return to Top
#2095127 - 08/24/16 09:32 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Darn YouTube links

Return to Top
#2095192 - 08/25/16 01:34 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Since I've put you through the YouTube ringer once already...

Scene: Michael Scott is being fed fettuccini alfredo by Dwight Schrute, moments before a fun-run. Time to Carb-up.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2095259 - 08/25/16 03:39 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
" I have a hard time running, chewing, swallowing, and breathing. "

Exactly. The Bloks are the worst. If it's a cold weather half, and your nose is stuffy, you start getting more focused on not choking than running.

Return to Top
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett