Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Thread Options
#2053341 - 12/09/15 06:28 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
One of my employees is officially diagnosed as Celiac. She's not doing it for a fad. Since she's the one graduating, I made them so she could partake.

Return to Top
#2053359 - 12/09/15 07:02 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I would not turn those down Jen, sounds pretty tasty!

Return to Top
#2053377 - 12/09/15 07:27 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Yes they DO! I may have to try that. smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2053425 - 12/09/15 09:23 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
RR Jen... so kind of you to make something thinking of her :-)

Return to Top
#2053429 - 12/09/15 09:36 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
sssssshhhhhhhh!!!! Don't tell. I don't want to ruin my reputation as the Ice Queen!

Return to Top
#2053451 - 12/09/15 10:56 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) edAudit
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard

Some of us do have Celiac!
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2053482 - 12/10/15 12:20 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
That is the first line in the story. .

There is a legitimate reason to eat gluten free. That reason is if you have Celiac disease, where eating gluten can be a life
threatening endeavor.

No one is bashing people with Celtic. it is just that gluten free has become another fad for those without Celtic. This is just another Grapefruit, liquid, detox, caveman, Atkins, South beach, Cookie, Shangri-La ...

To loose weigh (and keep it off) stop eating to much and exercise for ever, done.

There is a reason that there are so many different weight loss diets. None work and there is a lot of money to be made from them.

If you do not have Celtic why would you go gluten free?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2053496 - 12/10/15 02:04 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) edAudit
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By edAudit
Let me get this straight; these are weight loss cookies because of no flour but there is a full cup of sugar in these cookies?

come one Ed, it is brown sugar...and it is spread among every cookie, not just lumped all in to 1...

Return to Top
#2053497 - 12/10/15 02:06 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i'm in the middle of 3 different soccer leagues, Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and throw in a couple of games a week refereeing as it is high school season, I stay active enough, my issue is because of this I often find i'm eating dinner at 10 or 11 at night, which is not really good...but give up bread? never...

Return to Top
#2053504 - 12/10/15 02:28 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
Let me get this straight; these are weight loss cookies because of no flour but there is a full cup of sugar in these cookies?

come one Ed, it is brown sugar...and it is spread among every cookie, not just lumped all in to 1...

Good thing there are 1,000,000,076 cookies

CAMS

Return to Top
#2053587 - 12/10/15 06:22 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) edAudit
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
That is the first line in the story. .

There is a legitimate reason to eat gluten free. That reason is if you have Celiac disease, where eating gluten can be a life
threatening endeavor.

No one is bashing people with Celtic. it is just that gluten free has become another fad for those without Celtic. This is just another Grapefruit, liquid, detox, caveman, Atkins, South beach, Cookie, Shangri-La ...

To loose weigh (and keep it off) stop eating to much and exercise for ever, done.

There is a reason that there are so many different weight loss diets. None work and there is a lot of money to be made from them.

If you do not have Celtic why would you go gluten free?

You hatin' on the Irish?

Return to Top
#2053608 - 12/10/15 06:48 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
No, just not to fond of any of the Boston sports teams. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2053976 - 12/14/15 03:35 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
This year for my annual Christmas running shoe, Santa has decided to forego my usual Nike Pegasus, and go with a lighter shoe, the New Balance Vazee Pace. Maybe I'll run a sub-24:00 5K this year. Anyone else wear New Balance? I read that they've worked hard to shake their image as "shoes for chubby white guys."

Return to Top
#2053984 - 12/14/15 04:07 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) MyBrainHurts
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
Anyone else wear New Balance?

yes, but for this

"shoes for chubby white guys."

Return to Top
#2054300 - 12/15/15 08:19 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Peepers
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By Peepers
Anyone else wear New Balance?

yes, but for this

"shoes for chubby white guys."

Ditto: I have the 608 (Does not correlate to weight)
smirk

Return to Top
#2054349 - 12/15/15 10:32 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
TMatt87 Online
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Our bank is buying all of our employees fitbits for our Christmas present. The free one is the Charge, but we can pay for an upgrade to a Charge HR or a Surge. Does anyone have any of these and which one would you recommend?

Return to Top
#2054381 - 12/16/15 02:54 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Runners are weird. This from a runner's blog:

Quote:
Last week, my friend Luke, a runner, checked in for a doctor’s appointment. The standard preliminaries presented him with this question: What race best describes you? Ironman, maybe? he thought. Then, again, 5Ks were always my favorite. I also spent a lot of time trying to run a five-minute mile… As it turned out, the nurse was just waiting for him to say “Caucasian.” Honest mistake.

And to answer TMatt, I have a Fitbit Charge. This is my second one, and was shipped to me free by Fitbit when my first one broke. I finally got it to sync last night, as it came with no instructions. It seems to be having an issue with battery life. We'll see.

If I were going to get one new, I'd get the HR. I'd like the added info. Up until it broke (it lasted nine months) I found that it motivated me to keep moving. As I've suffered from lack of motivation for the last month, I'm glad to have the new one.

Return to Top
#2054955 - 12/18/15 04:12 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) RR Joker
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
RRJ "I kept having a pesky 5-10 lbs that just wouldn't BUDGE and I'm an active person, so upping the 'activity level' isn't much help...I gave up bread. The extra pounds miraculously disappeared. smile And I ate wheat...not white to begin with! shocked."

You would like my doctor. After a physical, he took me over to the height/weight chart, put his finger on my weight, and indicated that for the weight, I should be 6'9" tall. Technically, I'm not overweight, just underheight! His minor was probably math or statistics. The next comment was for the next appointment, he wanted to see 95% of me back.

Return to Top
#2054969 - 12/18/15 04:38 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I'll now confirm that my replacement FitBit Charge will not hold a charge. My original, which fell apart, would hold a charge for about 5 days. The replacement dies in about 18 hours. I like the Fitbit functionality, but not their quality.

Return to Top
#2055089 - 12/18/15 10:45 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
EB, CAMS Offline
100 Club
EB, CAMS
flyover country
I have the fitbit Charge HR and really like it. I had the flex before, but this one is better. I have noticed however that about once a month I have to do a complete hard reset on it. Just like any other computer I guess. Needs to actually be turned off once in a while.

Return to Top
#2055159 - 12/21/15 05:40 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MonicaMc Offline
100 Club
MonicaMc
Land of Oz
I bought my tween daughter a pink Vivofit 2 for Christmas. I'm hoping it will motivate her to get moving a bit more. I'm thinking of $$ rewards when certain goals are met. But if she loses interest in it, I will happily inherit it!

Return to Top
#2055294 - 12/22/15 03:33 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.

Return to Top
#2057182 - 01/07/16 05:21 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Wow, did I kill this thread?!?!? How is it this quiet on January 7th with the new year and all of the potentially broken resolutions?

Do any of you all use the Fit Bit and track others on it? A salesperson was over our house last night and she had a number of people we knew on her fitness tracking and I wasn't sure how that all worked.

Return to Top
#2057211 - 01/07/16 06:17 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I'm really not all that interested in what other people are doing. laugh!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2057241 - 01/07/16 08:23 PM Re: Exercising / Eating Health(ier) Christina the Auditor
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
You can "friend" people in the fitbit app like you do with facebook, and then set up challenges and other mutual activities. My daughter and I were competing against each other for a while for the most steps per week, but when I was training for a half-marathon, it was a little one sided.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett