Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2065547 - 02/23/16 05:24 PM Commercial Sweep Accounts and Reg D
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
We just had this issue arise and I am hoping for some feedback as to how we should be handling this. We have a commercial customer that has a MMDA and a Commercial checking account. Because our system did not previously work correctly with sweep accounts we were doing the sweeps for them manually. Until recently - when the system was finally fixed and now the sweeps are being done automatically on a daily basis. Of course this is now throwing them over their 6 transfers a limit from the MMDA. Of course this is a very big account/customer and the loan officer I talked to didn't seem inclined to wanting to switch them from the MMDA - I understand they want to earn interest on the funds they aren't using - but what are our options. Is anyone else running into this issue with sweep accounts? Help!!

Thanks,
Lisa

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2065565 - 02/23/16 06:14 PM Re: Commercial Sweep Accounts and Reg D Bankwoman1
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
But them into a interest bearing DDA account. Regulation Q has been repealed.

Return to Top
#2065570 - 02/23/16 06:31 PM Re: Commercial Sweep Accounts and Reg D Bankwoman1
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I thought about that.....but another employee thought it wasn't allowed. Thanks for your help - that's what we'll get done!

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett