Learn More - Click Here!

Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
Thread Options
#2037952 - 09/10/15 08:22 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
It sounds as though there are a lot of great young men mentioned in this thread this week. You should all be very proud.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2038047 - 09/11/15 02:53 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
The quads and Granna had fun yesterday at Grandparents Day at school.

Return to Top
#2038096 - 09/11/15 04:26 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Saw this thread title and it occurred to me that today's our youngest son's 30th birthday.

We celebrated a very glum 16th birthday together that evening in 2001.

Since then he's grown up, gotten out of college after 5 years, has been mustered out of a 5-year enlistment in the Marine Corps with two frontline deployments to Afghanistan as an 0331 machinegunner , and is now pursuing a career as a fire fighter.

Happy birthday, Gavin!

Return to Top
#2038150 - 09/11/15 07:40 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
fun grandma Offline
fun grandma
midwest
noelekal

You should be very proud of your son, Gavin. Thank him for his service in the Marine's and his future service as a Fire Fighter.

Our second son is a Deputy for Clay County. He loves his work and I'm very proud of the work his does. I just pray that he stays safe. His hours can suck sometimes, but he has a very supportive wife and family.

Return to Top
#2038189 - 09/11/15 08:43 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Hi fun grandma;

Your son richly deserves thanks as well for choosing a career in law enforcement. If he loves his work and you recognize the quality of his work enough that you are proud of him then he's a winner. Both the field of law enforcement and society itself could use a lot more like him. May the Lord protect your son.

Bet he had a good raisin' too!

Return to Top
#2038247 - 09/14/15 01:18 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Salutes to both of you for raising such fine young men!

Thank You for your and theirs sacrifices and service.

Return to Top
#2045721 - 10/22/15 07:30 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I have to take a moment to brag about my son for a moment. He had wanted to join the Air Force but his asthma prevented that path. He has wanted to be a firefighter for years. He had an interview with the fire chief yesterday and was offered a paid volunteer position! The county will put him through school and pay for his paramedic training and it will eventually work into a resident position. So very proud of him! And he's not even out of high school yet!!

Return to Top
#2046273 - 10/27/15 02:41 AM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Dazed Auditor Offline
Platinum Poster
Dazed Auditor
Acceptance, USA America
My son is taking AP Economics and he is the only one in his class who got an A for this 9 week grading period.

Return to Top
#2067809 - 03/07/16 03:54 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My son jumped into the Ohio River in Louisville, KY Saturday as a fundraiser for the Special Olympics. An e-mail went out to all faculty where he teaches and he was the only teacher to jump. There were several students and a parent who has a special needs child. I'm so proud that he's supportive of all events where he teaches.

Return to Top
#2068998 - 03/14/16 07:20 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Aggie_Grad Offline
New Poster
Oklahoma
My daughter was recently accepted to Vet School at Mizzou and at OSU; she chose OSU. Even though I'm an Aggie myself, I can definitely wear orange and black if it means she's closer to home and no out-of-state tuition, lol!

Return to Top
#2069049 - 03/14/16 09:10 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Aggie_Grad
RobinS Offline
100 Club
NorthWest
Congrats to your daughter (and you, Aggie). Vet school is extremely hard to get into, and to be accepted to 2 wow!!!

My daughter graduated in 2014 with a degree in wildlife biology (she wanted to go to vet school, but alas, chemistry killed her desire). She got a nice high-pay job in an unrelated field and hated every minute of it.

She accepted a job last Friday as a vet assistant. Pay is half as much but now she gets a chance to follow her dream.

Return to Top
#2069050 - 03/14/16 09:13 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Congrats to your daughter, Aggie. Vet school is harder to get into than medical school. My son had thought about becoming a vet but inorganic chemistry got him (like Robin's daughter). He's a high school biology teacher and loves it!

Return to Top
#2069099 - 03/15/16 12:53 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Aggie_Grad Offline
New Poster
Oklahoma
Thanks RobinS and Skittles! She's worked really hard to get there. I graduated with a Bachelors in Biomedical Science and had dreams of becoming a pharmacist. In my case, Organic Chemistry was the one that changed my mind, lol. After working in the medical field for a while, I decided to get back to my roots. My dad was a banker and I worked for his bank Summers when I was home from A&M. I've been at this particular bank going on 21 years now and LOVE my job!

Return to Top
#2069198 - 03/15/16 03:23 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I have to brag on my son again! Yesterday, he had an interview with the owner of the firefighting company he's working for this summer and he will be starting out as an Engine Boss during the summer wildfire season! As an EB, he'll have a crew of firefighters that will work under his authority. It's a HUGE responsibility for an 18 year old and typically isn't something that is awarded to a first year firefighter but the company owner said he's mature enough to handle that and he had great references that confirmed it. My son has been working towards this since he was 14 and has plenty of experience in fighting fires and Search and Rescue operations. smile I'm so proud of his passion for helping others and the drive he has to go after what he wants

Return to Top
#2074473 - 04/18/16 03:26 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
The boy has 8 more baseball games left in his high-school career. He is tied right now for all time Home Run Leader. He leads the Triple category (by 6) and needs 10 more RBIs and 10 more Doubles to take the lead in those categories. I told him to stop at second on his shots in the corner to reach the Double lead laugh

He almost had a Grand-slam Saturday. He hit it to strait away center field. The outfielder caught it on the warning track and ran into the fence. Had he pulled it to left it would have been out of the park. mad

His next at bat he hit it the same place and it bounced out for a ground rule double. He has had a great career, gonna miss watching him play.

Return to Top
#2074481 - 04/18/16 03:39 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
That is awesome, DD! My lil one was the opening pitcher for both games in a double header. This is her first full season of pitching and I'm excited to say that she did NOT any batters. LOL

Return to Top
#2074483 - 04/18/16 03:40 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
Peepers Offline
10K Club
she did not do what to any batters?

Return to Top
#2074486 - 04/18/16 03:50 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
I am guessing she do not HIT any batters whistle

Return to Top
#2074511 - 04/18/16 04:46 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Then she's not doing a good job of pitching inside.

I'm always glad to see new posts to this thread. Especially on a Monday.

Return to Top
#2074515 - 04/18/16 05:03 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
This is my favorite thread to read!

We're in full swing baseball mode here. 4-5 nights a week from now until July and I couldn't be happier. My oldest (9) pitched the final inning after Saturday afternoon after 6 straight hours of play. He struck a couple kids out and then walked several in a row. What I'm proud about though, is that after the game he went to the coach and asked what he was doing wrong and genuinely listened to the instruction. Went home and worked on swinging his leg out straight when he throws. IDK if he'll get to pitch again but he took the opportunity to learn something new and get instruction and that's the best part of team sports!!

Return to Top
#2074522 - 04/18/16 05:27 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread DD Regs
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By DD Regs

Damn it!

You are correct. She did not hit anyone. laugh

Return to Top
#2074609 - 04/19/16 11:42 AM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread cheekEE
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By cheekEE
Originally Posted By DD Regs

Damn it!

You are correct. She did not hit anyone. laugh

In addition to having a star softball player in the house, our other daughter, who is a junior in college, won a nice scholarship for next year.

Return to Top
#2074611 - 04/19/16 12:03 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Got to love the Scholarships!!!

Return to Top
#2074614 - 04/19/16 12:24 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Well, he went 0-2 last night, struck out once, and hit the cover off the ball down third, but right at the 3rd basemen. Was walked then hit by a pitch.

On the other hand, he was the starting pitcher last night, and he was definitely on his game there. This was a warm up start for our big rival game Thursday. Last night he pitched 3 inning, struck out 7, walked none, only threw 37 pitches.

Return to Top
#2075393 - 04/25/16 12:50 PM Re: Brag On Your Kids Thread Dani York, CRCM
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
My daughter had to miss the first day of tournament play for her travel team (school team commitment come before travel team) so she was listed as a sub for day 2. The team was holding a much better team to zero runs when they finally woke up and started playing hard. Coach put my daughter in at Right Field and she KILLED it. She didn't miss a single pop fly and no one scored after she got on the field. She play Short on the school team and had complained to me one day about being in the outfield and I told her at this level, games are won and lost in the outfield. Suck it up and do your job. smile

We ended up losing but Saturday they lost 15-0 to that team and Sunday the loss was 5-0.

Return to Top
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22