BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#2077084 - 05/04/16 08:47 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
The cat prefers to drink from a cup. We have several plastic cups that we drink water from and he will seek these out if left unattended and drink from them, sticking his entire head inside if the water level is low. I attached one of these cups to his cat tree where his food is and he drinks from it. Still will drink from an unattended cup if he finds one though.

The dog is just a glutton. Dividing her food up seems to be working for now. I think it is a beagle thing. She knows she gets a treat for going on a walk and doing her business and will harass you until you take her out so she can get her treat. I do believe she would eat until she exploded. The only time she runs is when she is running to her food bowl or she thinks she's going to get something to eat.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2077350 - 05/06/16 11:52 AM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
They do make bowls with rubber pieces that stick up so the dog can't grab the food so fast. This is really good for larger dogs subject to bloat (i.e. greyhound). It just slows them down since they can't grab the food so fast.

Return to Top
#2077362 - 05/06/16 01:09 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Why is that both cats and dogs (not all, but many) consider the bowl empty if even one small spot of bottom can be seen? laugh!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2077443 - 05/06/16 05:12 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
#ONENANA Offline
New Poster
Texas Girl
This! If my kitties bowl isn't completely full she acts like she is starving.

Return to Top
#2077451 - 05/06/16 05:26 PM Re: My pet story thomasj
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Click Here

This is the dog food bowl I mentioned previously - at Amazon. Of course you can get them in any animal supply stores (i.e. PetSmart, etc.).

Return to Top
#2077458 - 05/06/16 05:29 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
VIOLATED!!! shocked!!! I didn't catch the 'amazon' part. eek

Return to Top
#2077465 - 05/06/16 05:58 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
Sherlocked Offline
221B Baker St.
I have a cat that eats his food quickly then tries to eat the food of my other 3 cats. Then he throws up. So I got online to see what others do about cats throwing up. The solution I found was to feed him on a big plate and spread the food around (I feed canned mixed with dry). That way it takes longer for the cat to eat and he has to kind of work for the food. No throw ups since.

Sometimes the Internet is a wonderful thing.

Return to Top
#2077472 - 05/06/16 06:08 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Now you just gave me this ridiculous visual of getting my dogs a kiddie pool...scattering the kibble all around...and watching a live 3 ring circus for entertainment...or mortal combat...one or the other. shocked!

Return to Top
#2077483 - 05/06/16 06:31 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Sherlocked - I have the exact same issue. I inherited my FIL's cat and there has been a bit of internal strife between my cat and the new cat. My cat has taken to eating all the kitty food in an effort to starve the other. Fortunately my kitty isn't throwing up but has gained a ton of weight in a short amount of time. I just might have to try the plate technique. Maybe she'll be too lazy to fight for the food.

Return to Top
#2077489 - 05/06/16 06:54 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
We had a rott/shepherd mix that would eat only the bone shaped kibbles in her bowl and seriously could not understand why the other girls wouldn't let her do the same to their bowls. She would just circle them and look for ways to get into their bowls. Made for great entertainment to watch.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5