BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#2068968 - 03/14/16 06:05 PM My pet story
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I wanted to share a dog story. Our Peanut (a female Jack Russell foster failure) and my husband are soul mates. Introducing them was like watching a movie with a man and women in the field of flowers running towards each other in slow motion. It was love at first sight with those two. With that introduction let me tell my story:

Peanut likes to run into the kitchen to grab a mouthful of bites and bring them back into whatever room we are in so she doesn't have to eat alone. BUT if she has to pass my husband on the way to the kitchen she slows down and stares at him until she can't see him anymore and then speeds back up to the food bowl. She does this until she's done eating - run, slow down to gaze adoringly at her man, run back, eat and repeat. She will slow down and stare at him every single time. It is the funniest thing ever!

I wanted to name her Mango since her whole life is about "Where did my man go?" We are lucky we found each other.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2068976 - 03/14/16 06:14 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
That is a wonderful and funny story!

Return to Top
#2068981 - 03/14/16 06:25 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
We have 2 Blabs (Beagle Lab mix) that we adopted from the Humane Society. One is Black the other Yellow. Black is ADHD and the Yellow is fat and lazy.

They have a couple funny traits:

1. At dinner time, the yellow one lays under my chair, and the black one "Works the table". She will move from chair to chair staring and begging for food, no noises, just puppy dog eyes, and the occasional paw tap to your arm to make sure you know she is there.

Once she gets a weak person to feed her, the yellow one jumps to action and pushed the black one out of the way.

2. The yellow one, when she is wanting attention, will come over to you and cup he paw and grab at your arm, pulling it to her. What she wants is for you to pet her. So, what you do is rub her head a little, and then lay your arm back on your lap or chair rest, and she will either grab your arm again or use her nose to lift your hand back onto of her head.

Return to Top
#2069001 - 03/14/16 07:37 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
DD, our heeler uses the same "pet me" tactics as your yellow lab. grin

She will also sit on the toddler when she gets tired of him pestering her. (Disclaimer: we do carefully monitor all interaction between the kiddo and various resident beasties and intervene when necessary - fortunately, both dogs, one of the cats, and one of the horses seem to have adopted him.)

Return to Top
#2069005 - 03/14/16 07:43 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
Our dog, Lady, is a German Wirehair Pointer and is completely in love with my husband. Follows him everywhere and cries if she gets left inside while he's outside. I've told my husband that she is his permanent shadow. Very, very sweet dog, but man can she snore!! You'd never know it was a dog and not a human!

Our other dog, Chunk, is a lab/pit bull mix and one of the goofiest dogs I've ever met. He's hilarious and has me laughing all the time. He's decided he's a lap dog, even though he weighs a good 65 pounds. He'll put his paws on your legs and slowly stretch out his body, like you're not watching, and eventually makes it to your lap then rest his head on your shoulder. Cracks me up every time. He provides plenty of entertainment for our family!

Return to Top
#2069042 - 03/14/16 08:54 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Our 5 1/2 month old sheltie pup, Thistle, LOVES her daddy. I took a picture of her yesterday snoozing under his table while he was painting. He couldn't even put his feet under there.

Busy - our old 95 pound greyhound would do the same thing. I miss that dog.

Return to Top
#2069146 - 03/15/16 01:59 PM Re: My pet story Skittles
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Quote:
DD, our heeler uses the same "pet me" tactics as your yellow lab

As does mine. Man those toenails can HURT! eek

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2069147 - 03/15/16 02:00 PM Re: My pet story RR Joker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Quote:
She will also sit on the toddler when she gets tired of him pestering her

<<<just pictured Loki sitting on the kiddo and nearly snorted my coffee all over everything! laugh laugh laugh

Return to Top
#2069170 - 03/15/16 02:45 PM Re: My pet story RR Joker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By RR Joker
Quote:
She will also sit on the toddler when she gets tired of him pestering her

<<<just pictured Loki sitting on the kiddo and nearly snorted my coffee all over everything! laugh laugh laugh

The three children in the house (two dogs, one human) all have the same favorite chair. Usually it's first come, first served and the other two respect that. However, once in a while I will walk through the living room to find that Loki has decided to challenge the principles of physics and attempted to occupy the same space as the tiny two-legged oject of mass (otherwise known as the toddler). Neither of them seem to realize that the 30lb human doesn't have enough lap space for the 70lb canine.

Return to Top
#2069178 - 03/15/16 03:00 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
My pet story:

Goldfish > flush= the end

CAMS

Return to Top
#2069182 - 03/15/16 03:06 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
My granddaughters goldfish decided to jump out of his/her bowl last night while we were sitting at the counter. All I could say was 'Fish on the floor, fish on the floor'. Hubby picked it up and told it all it had to do was ask for food if it was hungry. smile It is still swimming this morning.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2069184 - 03/15/16 03:06 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
The 30 lb human has no chance...and I know how it feels when the ginormous ganpup bulldog decides to do that to ME! laugh! Nothing I can DO!!!

Return to Top
#2069185 - 03/15/16 03:08 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
JWill's...I have a dog who apparently sees ghosts...anyway, the other night he was acting strangely, as usual. But this time it was an object on the floor that I thought was a leaf. The leaf flipped and flopped so I went to further investigate. It was a fish. I picked it up...somewhat covered in fur...and plopped it back in to the aquarium where he rather happily shook off the fur and swam away. smile

Return to Top
#2069197 - 03/15/16 03:21 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
have a dog who apparently sees ghosts

Well who knows what is way way way back in the swamp.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2069276 - 03/15/16 05:10 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
We have a black lab. If he would quit getting into trash when we aren't home - I would have lots of cute stories about him. (only time he even thinks about it, by the way... never have to scold him about it when we are home - because he has never even put his nose near the trash)

Return to Top
#2069329 - 03/15/16 06:56 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Our beagle mix would not leave the trash or the cat's litter box alone. We finally bought a locking trash can for the kitchen and made some top entry litter boxes for the cat. The dog will walk up to the trash can and step on the part that opens the lid to see if it is locked. If we forget to lock it before we leave, there is a good chance she will knock it over and feast. One of her favorite things are used tea bags - she tears them open and makes a huge mess.

When she is not getting into the trash, she enjoys getting on my lap (all 40 lbs of her) and pawing at my face. She also will sit next to me and put her head on my shoulder.

Return to Top
#2069339 - 03/15/16 07:10 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
#ONENANA Offline
New Poster
Texas Girl
My 120 pound Great Dane Bull Mastif mix hides behind the shed just peeking his head around the corner until he's sure it's me getting out of the car he sees everyday.

Return to Top
#2069387 - 03/15/16 08:34 PM Re: My pet story thomasj
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By thomasj
she enjoys getting on my lap (all 40 lbs of her) and pawing at my face.

My little black pug does this too. She stands on my chest (thankfully she only weighs about 12 pounds) and paws my face. Occasionally she will catch my bottom lip with one of her nails--not my favorite thing! She'll do this with everyone in the immediate family, but I have no idea why she does it.

She is like several of the other dogs mentioned in this thread...absolutely adores her daddy and cries when he leaves. Her brother, a fawn pug, is MY soul mate though, so I guess it evens out.

Return to Top
#2069388 - 03/15/16 08:40 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
I'm honestly surprised this many people here let their dogs on the furniture. Pup has his pillow on the floor and when we are not home or sleeping, he is in his kennel.

he will bring me gifts though. He will bring me his bone and put it on my lap and expect me to hold it for him so he can chew on it.

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#2069406 - 03/15/16 08:50 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
NorthSouth Offline
Seriously? Dogs are for snuggling. Since I'm not inclined to lay on the floor with mine, she lays on the sofa with me.

Return to Top
#2069408 - 03/15/16 08:53 PM Re: My pet story NorthSouth
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By NorthSouth
Seriously? Dogs are for snuggling. Since I'm not inclined to lay on the floor with mine, she lays on the sofa with me.

This. smile

Return to Top
#2069412 - 03/15/16 09:04 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
dogs are for finding birds ... anything else is a bonus

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#2069721 - 03/16/16 09:49 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Killing snakes = biggest bonus

Return to Top
#2070021 - 03/18/16 07:30 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
Bbgreen Offline
Texas
I have a Doberman that is SCARED of everything. He will not walk across tile or wood floors because he is clumsy and ends up spinning out and falling down lol. Sadly for him our house is pretty much all tile and wood floors except the bedrooms.

Return to Top
#2070037 - 03/18/16 08:11 PM Re: My pet story HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
We had an older Aussie that would not go on our wood or tile floors either. We tried putting carpet runners everywhere but she was happy to stay on a 3 x 5 area rug by the back door. She used to spend most days and nights outside when weather was really nice but her last year or so she got where she was most content to just live on her rug with short forays outside to potty.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5