Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#20704 - 06/13/02 04:38 PM HMDA???
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
Please help. Auditors are arriving on Monday, and prior to his I would like clarification if this is HMDA reportable or not.

We've booked a loan, 6 mos. Primary repayment is refinance w/our r/e dept., Secondary Refinance with another mtg. lender. Purpose: Refinance existing 1st, and remodel expense.

Everything tells me YES this is HMDA. Except 6 months maturity is temporary financing. Our primary says refi with our r/e dept., the thing is we always broker out.

I've reported this on our HMDA LAR, and now I'm second guessing myself. Any thoughts?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#20705 - 06/13/02 05:12 PM Re: HMDA???
MRJ Offline
100 Club
MRJ
Based on the information provided I cannot reason why this would not be temporary financing and thus excluded. 6 month term, loan not extinguished with payments, repayment is another loan. Not HMDA in my humble opinion

Return to Top
#20706 - 06/13/02 06:10 PM Re: HMDA???
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I agree that this is temporary financing and not subject to HMDA reporting. It's not the 6 month term that makes it temporary financing, however. It's the fact that this is an interim step to getting a more permanent financing situation in place. Search on "HMDA" and "Temporary" in these threads for more comprehensive discussion and tools.

Return to Top
#20707 - 06/13/02 06:55 PM Re: HMDA???
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
Thanks to both of you for the reassurance and confidence booster. I've deleted this from our HMDA LAR, and re-read the section under A Guide to HMDA Reporting - Getting it Right.

Return to Top
#20708 - 07/03/02 02:29 PM Re: HMDA???
RJM Offline
RJM
New York, NY USA
I agree with both responses above.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z