Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Thread Options
#2072130 - 04/01/16 07:31 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
"After suffering mortal injury in battle"

See Becca...I didn't make that up! smile

I have not pre-ordered. For some reason, as much as I love Rhage, this one doesn't have me chomping at the bit.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2072148 - 04/01/16 07:57 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I've got it pre-ordered, but unless she really REALLY delivers this time this will be my last release day purchase of a Ward book. The last few have just been too disappointing.

And yes, the "mortal injury" line is bugging the carp out of me. If the injury was mortal, HE DIDN'T SURVIVE to reassess anything. ARGH!

Return to Top
#2072156 - 04/01/16 08:09 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
That didn't hit me until you said it, I was too busy wondering where she was going with all this nonsense. Now it bugs the carp out of me.

Return to Top
#2072243 - 04/04/16 03:35 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Maybe the mortal injury is not his but he is suffering from the loss of a brother? confused

Return to Top
#2072273 - 04/04/16 05:25 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I want to know why she is going back through and re-telling stories about the original Brothers. Why isn't she following up on any of the side stories she so painstakingly set up over the series - like Murhder (or however she spelled that), or Assail, or even any of the BOBs?

Return to Top
#2072278 - 04/04/16 05:33 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
That's ^^^ what I want to know. I want Assail's book. I was really into that story with Sola! And she just dropped it.

Return to Top
#2072282 - 04/04/16 05:39 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I want Murhder's story! I love the idea of his grumpy, crazy self 'haunting' that old Carolina mansion.

Return to Top
#2072311 - 04/04/16 07:16 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
<<<Haven't read a BDB book in so long I don't know what I've read and what I've missed.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2072522 - 04/05/16 06:04 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** ItNeverEnds CRCM
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By ItNeverEnds CRCM
For some unknown reason, I just never finished the Shadows. And I have no desire to read the new book about Rhage. I really didn't like what she was doing with Rhage in the Shadows and it really turned me off. Anyone else feel that way?

I did finish Shadows but I just don't see myself going forward with this. I think I will miss the players but not the downward spiral of their stories. I only like happy endings. Anything else depresses me. Feel free to now make fun of me. Everyone else does.

Return to Top
#2073125 - 04/08/16 06:46 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Anybody else finish The Beast yet?

Return to Top
#2073131 - 04/08/16 06:53 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
No, but your opinion is......

Return to Top
#2073148 - 04/08/16 07:13 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say that I liked this one better than the last few.

Return to Top
#2073172 - 04/08/16 07:44 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Dang it...I was going to try and hold out until the paperback...

Return to Top
#2073297 - 04/11/16 01:57 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
UGH. I guess I need to go buy it now.

Return to Top
#2073322 - 04/11/16 02:46 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I still don't think it's as strong as the early books, but it's a HUGE improvement over the last two - possibly the last four. IMHO, they've been on a downhill slide since Lover Unleashed.

Return to Top
#2125542 - 04/07/17 08:30 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
So, I just read Blood Kiss and enjoyed it. Parts of it were so funny I had to go back and re-read them. The swimming pool scene with Lassiter is hilarious!

I still have to read The Beast and then it's on to The Chosen.

Return to Top
#2125581 - 04/10/17 01:06 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I don't remember where I left off with BDB confused

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2125584 - 04/10/17 01:16 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Joker
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I'm behind, I know that much. eek

Return to Top
#2125587 - 04/10/17 01:25 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
I finished The Chosen yesterday. It was better than the last few, I think I read the entire thing in less than 48 hours, but she had A LOT going on. That's not unusual for her, but I almost felt like it was too much. I am interested in the new enemy and think he will be a good one, better than Lessers.

Return to Top
#2125588 - 04/10/17 01:30 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I finished The Chosen this weekend, too. Like Jen said - a LOT going on, but overall better than the last few books. I tend to get a little annoyed at the way she leaves the interesting sideplots hanging, sometimes.

Return to Top
#2125598 - 04/10/17 02:11 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Agreed and so far hasn't come back to many of them. She did bring up Assail a teeny bit but it's been a while since we've heard anything about Murhder.

Return to Top
#2125608 - 04/10/17 02:23 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I was a little disappointed regarding Assail.
Click to reveal...
I kind of feel like she just shrugged and said, "Eh. I don't know how to continue his story. We'll just give him brain damage from the DTs."

Return to Top
#2125708 - 04/10/17 06:39 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
I wondered why she even brought it up...unless he's going to make an appearance in the next book. Which, do we have a title/topic yet? Doesn't she usually announce them on the current book tour?

Return to Top
#2125713 - 04/10/17 06:46 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
Found this online:

Black Dagger Brotherhood creator J.R. Ward has announced the title of the next installment of the popular paranormal series—The Thief—and also revealed the identity of the 2018 book's main couple—Sola (aka Marisol) and Assail!

Return to Top
#2125722 - 04/10/17 07:22 PM Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood discussion **SPOILERS** RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Thanks for the search and info, I'd say that counts as "making an appearance" in the next book.

Return to Top
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11