Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#2077289 - 05/05/16 07:02 PM Amazon....
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Stinks!!! mad

I had a part break on my mower. So I went to web to find a part. Found several on Amazon. And one showed "In Stock", so I thought, that's great! Maybe I can get it faster. It has a "track your order" tab, so I have been watching it. As of yesterday, it just read "In Process",

So I asked the seller, "If an item is in stock, why does it take 5 days to get it out of your shop and in the mail to me?", I received a response today, "Yes, we have your item in stock. Thank You" mad WTH is that suppose to mean...

So, then I checked the status, and now it says, "Order Picked" It takes 5 days to PICK an order, PLEASE!!!!!!

I placed the order 4/28 and now it is saying estimated delivery 5/9 mad

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2077292 - 05/05/16 07:07 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
So, the seller on Amazon sucks...

I try my best to only make orders that are handled by Amazon directly, for this very reason.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2077294 - 05/05/16 07:10 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
CompliantOkie Online
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
^^^ This. I once ordered some plush toys for my kiddos bday. When they didn't arrive in a few days, I checked the shipping and they were on a SHIP from SINGAPORE! I had no idea they were coming from overseas and it would take a month to get them. Since then I only buy from Amazon directly.

Return to Top
#2077297 - 05/05/16 07:14 PM Re: Amazon.... Norman Paperman
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By Norman Paperman

I try my best to only make orders that are handled by Amazon directly, for this very reason.

This. If is doesn't say shipped by Amazon I won't order it.

Return to Top
#2077301 - 05/05/16 07:23 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
NorthSouth Offline
Guess DD Regs will have some mighty tall grass for awhile.

IMO Amazon and Amazon Prime provide the best shopping and shipping ever. I've ordered from private sellers on Amazon and never had a problem, you just have to be aware of their shipping policies and the time frame in which you need the product. Still though, just the other day I wasn't paying attention and ordered a porch flag from Amazon, checked out and paid, then realized the confirmation page said I would get it around June 16th. I immediately cancelled it and kept looking.

Return to Top
#2077302 - 05/05/16 07:29 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
I had a similar incident with a different website, so it's not just Amazon.

Return to Top
#2077303 - 05/05/16 07:32 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I realized I was starting to have a bit of an Amazon Prime addiction and had to cut back. The app on my phone is really dangerous. In the past few months I've bought combs, a garden hose, car washing supplies like soap and towels, golf balls, shoes, an ax sharpener, two pressure cookers, several books, wine, and my wife's power washer.

Return to Top
#2077304 - 05/05/16 07:33 PM Re: Amazon.... RR Becca
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By RR Becca
Originally Posted By Norman Paperman

This. If is doesn't say shipped by Amazon I won't order it.

Ditto.

We have a distribution close by now... have ordered in the evening and have had it arrive the next morning already. Love Amazon.

Return to Top
#2077306 - 05/05/16 07:34 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
My experience is that if it's not shipped by Amazon there is no point in ordering it through Amazon. I limit responses to "Prime" listings and, if what I want is not there, I look somewhere else.

Return to Top
#2077310 - 05/05/16 07:42 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Live and learn.

Will have to pay better attention.

Return to Top
#2077315 - 05/05/16 07:56 PM Re: Amazon.... MyBrainHurts
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Preach on Brother!

It's too easy. And the one-button purchase is toxic
Last edited by Norman Paperman; 05/05/16 08:13 PM.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2077316 - 05/05/16 07:57 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
SeekingKnowledge Offline
100 Club
SeekingKnowledge
SC
For those that use Amazon regularly, check out camelcamelcamel.com. They track amazon prices for every item listed so you can always determine if you are buying low or may need to wait.

Regarding third party sellers, sometimes you have great service and can get a deal compared to the regular Amazon price. I just make sure to read the shipping info and only buy from dealers with a high rating. I mostly get books or board games this way but have gotten some odds and ends from third party sellers.

I agree with you MBH, Prime is definitely addicting and it is way to easy to make purchases on the app!

Return to Top
#2077324 - 05/05/16 08:31 PM Re: Amazon.... MyBrainHurts
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
I realized I was starting to have a bit of an Amazon Prime addiction and had to cut back. The app on my phone is really dangerous. In the past few months I've bought combs, a garden hose, car washing supplies like soap and towels, golf balls, shoes, an ax sharpener, two pressure cookers, several books, wine, and my wife's power washer.

I have NO idea what you are talking about.... whistle

Return to Top
#2077327 - 05/05/16 08:40 PM Re: Amazon.... E.E.G.B
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Thanks for the reminder. I need some razor blades, tooth brushes, and deodorant. wink

Return to Top
#2077328 - 05/05/16 08:46 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
I just woke up on the floor of my office. I must have blacked out. My email says I just ordered two boxes or razor blades, a 50lb bag of dog-food, and a 60" 4k TV.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2077329 - 05/05/16 08:51 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
I ordered an item on Tuesday the 3rd and had it on my desk the morning of Wednesday the 4th. I have always had good customer service with Amazon Prime. I accidentally ordered something in error and immediately cancelled it and all was good. One time I ordered and item twice and they told me to just keep the second one and only charged me for one.

Return to Top
#2077334 - 05/05/16 09:31 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
Audit Girl Offline
Audit Girl
Oklahoma
I love Prime. The only bad thing I've order was a crazy pair of dance shoes from China. I felt like one of the stepsisters in Cinderella trying to shove my foot into the glass sliper. Never again! However I'm a confirmed addict. Part of my recovery includes moving the 1 Click App off of my phone's homescreen.

Return to Top
#2077336 - 05/05/16 09:56 PM Re: Amazon.... Elwood P. Dowd
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By Ken_Pegasus
I limit responses to "Prime" listings and, if what I want is not there, I look somewhere else.

^^^^
This. Or I look at the estimated shipping time and decide accordingly. Recently ordered an elevated water bowl for the dogs. It was shipped from Ireland and took 4-5 weeks. I also read the reviews and was aware it would take a long time to be delivered. But for $9.95 the dogs could wait for their new water bowl. Now if it's for me it has to be Prime and two day delivery, otherwise I check elsewhere and sometimes it's cheaper than ordering from Amazon.

Return to Top
#2077338 - 05/05/16 10:08 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I look for the Prime 2-day shipping and then select the Slow Shipping method to get digital credit for e-books. smile (When I can. Sometimes I really do need it quickly.)

Return to Top
#2077339 - 05/05/16 10:12 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Prime

Return to Top
#2077366 - 05/06/16 01:10 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
SociallyInept Offline
New Poster
SociallyInept
Somewhere out there.
I woke up to 5 new Amazon charges on my credit card this morning. My first thought was oh no someone has hacked my account or stolen my credit card. I then remembered that today is the day my subscribe and save orders ship. blush

On another note. If anyone needs 1,000 rolls of toilet paper and/or paper towels I'm your guy. grin
-Demetri Martin

Return to Top
#2077373 - 05/06/16 01:30 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
For all the regular Amazon users - don't forget to support your favorite charity by using Amazon Smile! (Yes, you can still get your Prime benefits, too.)

ETA: if you need a suggestion, check out Tiger Stripes. It's a sanctuary owned and run by friends of mine.
Last edited by RR Becca; 05/06/16 01:31 PM. Reason: afterthought

Return to Top
#2077377 - 05/06/16 01:36 PM Re: Amazon.... E.E.G.B
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By E.E.G.B
I look for the Prime 2-day shipping and then select the Slow Shipping method to get digital credit for e-books. smile (When I can. Sometimes I really do need it quickly.)

Me too!

Return to Top
#2077379 - 05/06/16 01:39 PM Re: Amazon.... cheekEE
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By cheekEE
Originally Posted By E.E.G.B

Me too!

I didn't know about that. Guess I'm going to have to start waiting a few days for my boxes!

Return to Top
#2077387 - 05/06/16 02:17 PM Re: Amazon.... DD Regs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
all of this just serves to confirm my belief that buying local is the way to go, even if it costs a little more...

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3