Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2076581 - 05/02/16 03:32 PM UCC filing
kelso Offline
Indiana
What names do we file under?

The loan is under the name of John Doe but his Indiana driver’s license says John James Doe. He brings in his tax returns and they have John J. Doe, his credit report has yet other spellings of his name. Jon Doe, J. James Doe, Jon James Doe….etc. Do we need to file the UCC under all of the names we have or just under the name that is on our loan documents and the name listed on his driver’s license?

Return to Top
#2076669 - 05/02/16 11:01 PM Re: UCC filing kelso
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Ask your attorney. UCC filings are a State law issue,.

Return to Top
#2077940 - 05/10/16 07:49 PM Re: UCC filing kelso
JBarnett Offline
New Poster
• Debtor is an Individual: IC 23-1-9.1-503(a)(4)
If an individual has an Indiana issued driver’s license that is not expired, the name on
the financing statement should appear exactly as it appears on the driver’s license.
If an individual has an Indiana issued identification card that is not expired, the name
on the financing statement should appear exactly as it appears on the identification
card.
If an individual has neither form of Indiana issued identification, the name on the
financing statement should appear as the surname and first personal name of the
debtor.
The Secretary of State will have no information regarding whether a name has been
changed on a driver’s license or personal identification card. It will be the filer’s
responsibility to determine if the information on the financing statement remains
current.

I believe it should be the name on the driver's license. (Just my 2 cents!)

Return to Top
#2078239 - 05/11/16 08:27 PM Re: UCC filing kelso
kelso Offline
Indiana
Thank you!

Return to Top