Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#207843 - 07/06/04 01:52 PM Creditor's Address on Right of Rescission
JMB Offline
JMB
Michigan
I know that Reg Z - 226.23 (b) (1) (for a closed end loan) requires that the creditor's address be listed on the ROR. I also know that an agent's address may be included as additional information.

I have been seeing several RORs that ONLY list the agent's address (generally a title company).

I think that is wrong - does anyone agree?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#207844 - 07/09/04 11:02 AM Re: Creditor's Address on Right of Rescission
JMB Offline
JMB
Michigan
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Return to Top
#207845 - 07/09/04 12:20 PM Re: Creditor's Address on Right of Rescission
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
I agree with you. The section you cite states address of the creditor. Unless the title agent is also the creditor, you need the bank's address at a minimum.

Return to Top
#207846 - 07/09/04 01:03 PM Re: Creditor's Address on Right of Rescission
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
I agree with Bart. While the Reg and Commentary permit the inclusion of the title company's address as the agent to receive the rescission for the creditor (the title company has the $$, so they need to receive the notice first), the name and address of the creditor also appear to required.

Return to Top
#207847 - 07/09/04 06:32 PM Re: Creditor's Address on Right of Rescission
JMB Offline
JMB
Michigan
Thanks guys - I appreciate the response - it seemed so easy, but why are so many getting it worng????

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z