Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#207943 - 07/06/04 05:12 PM Drawing on Principle of Loans
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have an officer that is very fond of adding to the principle of our in house loans for different purposes. I know that it is acceptable for taxes, forced placed insurance, and legal fees in connection with the loan and collatoral. Here is my current question, a customer has a charged off checking account so they are drawing the funds from the loan and adding that to the principle to bring ckg account to a zero balance. We are in Wisconsin. Can they do that??? Thank you in advance for any help on this one.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#207944 - 07/06/04 05:15 PM Re: Drawing on Principle of Loans
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Counsel, counsel, counsel. I have heard both yes and no. Some of this depends on your contract, state laws and may be influenced on whether or not you are charging interest on this amount added.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#207945 - 07/06/04 05:23 PM Re: Drawing on Principle of Loans
waldensouth Online
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
And, if this is a any type of improved real estate loan - you are advancing new monies and I believe Flood would be required all over again. If consumer real estate home loan - right of rescission on funds advanced.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#207946 - 07/06/04 05:41 PM Re: Drawing on Principle of Loans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you both for your help. I will try to talk a different officer into contacting our legal council.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z