Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 37 of 48 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 47 48
Thread Options
#2080483 - 05/25/16 11:17 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Interesting Yesterday, more than 20 professors from across the country signed on to back the quarterback, pointing to the flawed science used to find him responsible. Guess maybe there is something to that science stuff after all.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15703982/professors-back-tom-brady-rehearing-name-science

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2080507 - 05/26/16 04:00 AM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
::waits for the term "science-denier" to be thrown around::

whistle

Return to Top
#2080510 - 05/26/16 10:22 AM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
What I find interesting is that out of the 21 more than half are from Massachusetts.

http://www.popsci.com/football-physics-and-science-deflategate

I would be more inclined to believe Popular science than a bunch of college professors with a vested interest in fake science.

The biggest question:

The tiny advantage they may have gained from a better grip on the ball can’t explain such a lopsided outcome. If the Patriots were that much better, why risk punishment by tampering with the footballs?

for an answer See spygate.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2080515 - 05/26/16 12:18 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Where do you see that more than half are from Mass? Why do the professors have a vested interest in fake science?

The article you posted to was from the day after everything broke on this and is entirely based on the first paragraph which was a report from Chris Mortenson with ESPN that has been subsequently completely rebuked as erroneous.

So tell me, oh wise one, why does the NFL still refuse to release any data on their random halftime testing of footballs during the 2015 season after all this? My conclusion is because the data supports the science - footballs lose pressure in cold weather and a ball that started at 12.5psi in a warm room before the game will be under the minimum threshold by halftime. If their testing had revealed anything that remotely could implicate the Patriots by proving that the Patriots' numbers were just too far off to be scientific, you'd have heard about it in China.

Return to Top
#2080519 - 05/26/16 12:33 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long circumference, 28 to 28 1/2 inches; short circumference, 21 to 21 1/4 inches; weight, 14 to 15 ounces.
The Referee shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications

Where is it indicated that the ball must start a 12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds. The ball must contain this pressure during the game. How it got deflated is another issue most real scientists have not weighed in on how a ball can lose more than 15% of its pressure. The Ref had ruled they did not meet the specifications .

Fake science does not put extra pressure in the balls

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/01/27/bill-nye-science-guy-deflategate-experiment

CAMS

Return to Top
#2080525 - 05/26/16 12:46 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Goodall is laughing all the way to the bank.

football is in offseason and news should be slow yet discussions about NFL is all over the news based upon deflated footballs from 2 seasons ago and a bunch of patriot fans claiming that 25 degree difference in temperature caused the balls to deflate. Based upon this junk science the packers and bears should be playing with footballs that they can fold.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2080529 - 05/26/16 12:59 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Ed, we can't all be good at science. It's OK.

Return to Top
#2080541 - 05/26/16 01:17 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
You confuse me ed. You have repeatedly said the NFL has mishandled this and are a bunch of clowns, yet you believe the bs they are throwing out.

You live in the northeast (I presume from your posts). Ever try dribbling a basketball in February?

I will start a rumor that your staff has been embezzling corporate funds and clearly you should have been generally aware this was happening, despite no evidence indicating that funds were embezzled or that you were directly aware of it.

Return to Top
#2080568 - 05/26/16 01:54 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
who said I believe what the NFL has said?

Fact: (whether you like it or not) Balls were deflated

Fact: NFL rule state balls need to be over 12.5 and they were not

Fact: Brady phone was mysteriously unavailable

Fact Equipment guy went to the bathroom with the balls

Fact: they were caught others may not have been

Ever try dribbling a basketball in February. Yes the balls are hard (not soft) as a rock and have a few fractures to "prove" it.

I will start a rumor that your staff has been embezzling corporate funds and clearly you should have been generally aware this was happening, despite no evidence indicating that funds were embezzled or that you were directly aware of it. I do not see the relevancy. Now if money was gone and I was responsible for handling the money and 15 bills were short from a pack of 100 that I had access to. I am pretty sure that I would no longer be working at that institution I do not think that I could prove that the weather made the bills disappear and even if I could I would be deemed responsible for letting the wind take the bills.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2080577 - 05/26/16 02:40 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Fact: (whether you like it or not) Balls were deflated - depends on your definition of "deflated". If deflated means the pressure was lower than it started, then yes. If deflated means someone stuck in a needle and released air, then I don't concede that as fact.

Fact: NFL rule state balls need to be over 12.5 and they were not - neither were 3 of the 4 Colts balls that were measured. And the Colts balls started at a higher pressure than the Patriots balls.

Fact: Brady phone was mysteriously unavailable - Brady was never required to make his phone available, so the fact that he chose not to is not relevant.

Fact Equipment guy went to the bathroom with the balls - he was going to be standing on the field for the next 3 hours. When you gotta go, you gotta go. I guess he should have left the balls outside the bathroom (and his control) so anyone could do anything to them.

Fact: they were caught others may not have been - in fact, when the Jets were caught a few years ago, the penalty was a minor fine.

Originally Posted By edAudit
who said I believe what the NFL has said?

Fact: (whether you like it or not) Balls were deflated

Fact: NFL rule state balls need to be over 12.5 and they were not

Fact: Brady phone was mysteriously unavailable

Fact Equipment guy went to the bathroom with the balls

Fact: they were caught others may not have been

Return to Top
#2080584 - 05/26/16 02:52 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Kind of fitting that the Jets are constantly use as a measuring stick for actions of the patriots. If I was the Pats (an a potential SB team each year) would wish to compare (and illegally tape) a team that has potential to get a first draft pick.

Fact: they were caught others may not have been - in fact, when the Jets were caught a few years ago, the penalty was a minor fine.

so it should have been no surprise that deflated balls were an issue?

Fact: NFL rule state balls need to be over 12.5 and they were not - neither were 3 of the 4 Colts balls that were measured.

Colts balls were correctly inflated on one gauge Pats were deflated on both.

guess he should have left the balls outside the bathroom (and his control) so anyone could do anything to them.

Balls should have been given to the officials as per league policy> I am pretty sure Brady would not wish that his livelihood was in the can prior to him handling it.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2080593 - 05/26/16 03:03 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Fact: Roger Goodell makes the call and teams should live with it. Don't like the rules, change them.

Return to Top
#2080594 - 05/26/16 03:04 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) Peepers
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By Peepers
Fact: Roger Goodell makes the call and teams should live with it. Don't like the rules, change them.

Fact Peepers is correct (along with the women and pie issue, housekeeping...)

CAMS

Return to Top
#2080610 - 05/26/16 03:35 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Don't try injecting common sense into this issue.

Return to Top
#2082168 - 06/07/16 02:51 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
New plan to foil the patriots

1) with newfound knowledge from Toms book and dinner with Tom an Gigi (thanks for the set up TB12), set up meeting with Aaron Rodgers.
2) go to Green Bay
3) get Aaron to swear off cheese and all dairy products using mind control (no normal person would do this as the GB QB)
4) have Jets contact GB to trade AR to Jets

Evil plan solved (I did not even need the sharks with laser beams)

CAMS

Return to Top
#2082236 - 06/07/16 05:05 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Peepers Offline
10K Club
what in God's name are you rambling about?

Return to Top
#2082237 - 06/07/16 05:07 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/pac...c515tlyu8k59ojl

I would have thought that being an expert on a well balance diet you would be informed of this.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2087674 - 07/13/16 02:22 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2087685 - 07/13/16 02:43 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I heard his defense will be that he didn't intentionally know about the deflated balls, therefore he can't be guilty...

Return to Top
#2087687 - 07/13/16 02:56 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Ah, so he is incompetent. He doesn't possess working knowledge of a pump or needle.

Return to Top
#2087688 - 07/13/16 02:57 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
one might say he was extremely careless

CAMS

Return to Top
#2087691 - 07/13/16 03:07 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star

Return to Top
#2087731 - 07/13/16 04:46 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Justice doesn't always get served.

Return to Top
#2087735 - 07/13/16 04:54 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) HappyGilmore
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Luckily the AFC East is one of the weakest divisions in the NFL, so a 4 game suspension probably won't effect anything. The Pats will still go 11-5 or better and easily make the playoffs.

Return to Top
#2087737 - 07/13/16 05:01 PM Re: More NFL Cheaters (not the Patriots this time) TMatt87
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Well there is the Dolphins Bills Jets

Well if they are really as bad as it appears why would one need to cheat against them?

CAMS

Return to Top
Page 37 of 48 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 47 48