Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#208136 - 07/06/04 09:15 PM Safe Deposit Boxes....moving
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
Is there any requirement to notify safe deposit box owners when moving them into a new bank building?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#208137 - 07/07/04 01:51 PM Re: Safe Deposit Boxes....moving
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't point you to any specific regulation, but I used to work for a bank that participated in several moves of Safe Deposit Boxes and depending on the distance, we gave the customer 30, 60 or 90 days notice. Maybe you should check with specific rules of the state that you live.

Return to Top
#208138 - 07/07/04 02:39 PM Re: Safe Deposit Boxes....moving
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
In my experience, this is included in the safe deposit contract.

Return to Top
#208139 - 07/07/04 04:10 PM Re: Safe Deposit Boxes....moving
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Certainly from a customer service issue they should be notified. You may cross reference safe deposit customers against banking customers and see which may be unique and do a targeted mailing to just this group as the others will receive separate notices if this is a branch closing.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#208140 - 07/08/04 06:41 PM Re: Safe Deposit Boxes....moving
VMack Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
I agree with Andy that notifying the customer makes good sense from a customer service standpoint. However, you may also want to search your State Law for any specific requirements. If you are located in Texas, the Finance Code requires that we mail to the lessee a notice of relocation 30 days prior to a non-emergency move. The notice must state the scheduled date and time of the relocation and whether the box will be opened during the relocation. A lessee should be given the opportunity to personally supervise the relocation or authorize the relocation in writing.

“The wise know their limitations; the foolish do not.”
Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Return to Top