Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2082717 - 06/09/16 05:54 PM Re: Adverse Action Notices - A "No-Brainer"? YosemiteSamIAm
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I gave you one above.

if their Income doesn't qualify based upon the VOE...causing their DTI to be too high to qualify

You mean that the VOE did not support the amount of income listed on the application???

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2082718 - 06/09/16 05:59 PM Re: Adverse Action Notices - A "No-Brainer"? YosemiteSamIAm
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
correct

Return to Top
#2082732 - 06/09/16 06:52 PM Re: Adverse Action Notices - A "No-Brainer"? YosemiteSamIAm
JustKeepSwimming Offline
Midwest
We had an FHA file recently that had a hit on the CAIVRS of an unpaid government debt that didn't show on the credit bureau, but contributed to the credit decision and we checked that box. We will also find judgments on title work occasionally that will lead us to use it.

Return to Top
#2082902 - 06/10/16 03:16 PM Re: Adverse Action Notices - A "No-Brainer"? YosemiteSamIAm
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Person arrested for drug distribution and money laundering,
landlord late payments,
news that the employer just closed and could not find a buyer........................

Return to Top
#2082910 - 06/10/16 03:35 PM Re: Adverse Action Notices - A "No-Brainer"? YosemiteSamIAm
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
Really do appreciate everybody's explanations and examples...really has helped me so much!

Thanks
Karen

Return to Top
#2082919 - 06/10/16 03:57 PM Re: Adverse Action Notices - A "No-Brainer"? David Dickinson
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
Originally Posted By David Dickinson
No - or most likely not. I don't know what information you have or where you got it from. To be applicable to the FCRA disclosure, you need to have obtained information:
1. From an outside source
2. Other than a consumer reporting agency
3. that bears upon the consumer's credit worthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living.

Typically, this information would come from a non-credit reporting bank, an employer or a landlord. In other words, it's information you would typically get from a credit report but the source isn't a credit bureau.

PS...I know several have probably already said this...but as I reread everything again, this very last part of the last line David said (it's information you would typically get from a credit "report" but the source isn't a credit "bureau" that really stood out to help me explain it better to those I am discussing this with...that makes a lot of sense...at least I hope I'm interpreting how THAT was intended correctly to make a lot of sense! laugh

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z