Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2088494 - 07/18/16 01:56 PM Website Advertisements
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I just have a couple of questions regarding advertising on our bank website. We currently have a section on the home page of our website that flips thru 4 different screens. Two of the screens simply have pictures of two loan officers with their names and NMLS number. These pages do have "member FDIC" & "Member Equal Housing Lender" at the bottom of the screen. One of the other screens simply lists information about Card Valet which we promote for to our customers for use to protect their debit cards. It's a product that they can download as an app on their phone or tablet at not cost to them. The last screen is a screen promoting our home equity line of credit. It does not list any kind of rates. It simply states a couple of reasons a customer may want a line of credit - dream kitchen etc. At the bottom of this screen it does list "member FDIC and member equal housing lender". It also states at the bottom that "to open and maintain your account, you must carry insurance on the property used to secure the loan". However - all of this is very small and hard to read. My question is - is this an issue?? I know what it says as a banker - but a regular customer who doesn't know the ins and outs of compliance may not. So all of these things need to be a certain size and clearly visible in a website ad?

I'm still learning compliance on advertisements and I have been to asked to go thru the whole website before our exam. I just don't want to miss anything....

Thanks!
Last edited by Bankwoman1; 07/18/16 01:58 PM.
Return to Top
Marketing
#2088629 - 07/18/16 07:26 PM Re: Website Advertisements Bankwoman1
Christy Goza Offline
100 Club
Cleveland, TN
I think you are good. I have Member FDIC and EHL on the bottom of all our webpages just as a standard cover.

Return to Top
#2088665 - 07/18/16 10:00 PM Re: Website Advertisements Christy Goza
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Originally Posted By cgriffith
I have Member FDIC...on the bottom of all our webpages....
Hopefully that doesn't include any NDIP pages.

Return to Top
#2089031 - 07/20/16 08:08 PM Re: Website Advertisements Bankwoman1
Christy Goza Offline
100 Club
Cleveland, TN
Yes! Thank goodness we don't have investment products or insurance! Makes my life much easier!

Return to Top
#2089047 - 07/20/16 08:50 PM Re: Website Advertisements Bankwoman1
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Trust department?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker