Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2088635 - 07/18/16 07:57 PM Manufactured Home or One to four-family
Tryingtolearn Offline
New Poster
Mobile home enclosed to make house. Is it still considered a mobile home?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2088654 - 07/18/16 08:57 PM Re: Manufactured Home or One to four-family Tryingtolearn
Ski Offline
Platinum Poster
South Louisiana
See HMDA Getting It Right 2013

Appendix D, Page D-6 Definition of Manufactured Home.

If it starts out by meeting the definition of Manufactured Home, just enclosing it does not change it's status (in my opinion).

Hope this helps.

Return to Top
#2088704 - 07/19/16 12:57 PM Re: Manufactured Home or One to four-family Tryingtolearn
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I have taken a different stance on this. Typically, when a manufactured home is used as a beginning 'shell' to a much larger site built dwelling, the manufactured part is no longer significant and has become a 1-4 in all practicality. it no longer truly meets the definition used below in Appendix C.

(i)
Manufactured home means any residential structure as defined under regulations of the Department of Housing and Urban Development establishing manufactured home construction and safety standards (24 C.F.R. 3280.2).

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2088777 - 07/19/16 04:36 PM Re: Manufactured Home or One to four-family RR Joker
Peach Offline
100 Club
Peach
Out West
We have more than our share of these types of homes in our area. Normally we can use whatever it is assessed as by the assessor. In some cases you will run into an appraisal problem where your appraiser classifies it as a manufactured home for whatever reason, tags still visable, tongue in place in basement. It's a hard call. I tend to use that if it was, it still is to be consistent we use the assessor.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM